I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I returned my One X because of what HTC did to multitasking. I consider it an assault on Android. How is the multitasking on the s3?

Not noticed any problems with multitasking. Sammy uses the stock multitasking menu, activated by long pressing home.

do you notice an improvement in Wifi with the new "Wifi bonding" feature?

Nope. Still get 30 or so down on a 40MHz network, on an 80mbit line. Same on the Gnex and others.

how long does the boot up take? after media scanning is done?

Just booted from cold in 15 Mississippis :p

Silky smooth from the instant it starts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: SHiFT.

leemwoo

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answers mate. Hope to get my hands on one soon too. =) Time to upgrade from my now oldie HTC Desire.

Last question: are the Samsung Widgets better?

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
please use the camera and compare it to the one x. Heck, you can do an entire article about camera comparison. The camera is the deciding factor in buying my next phone. Right now, I'm on the fence. But it's because I haven't seen any true head to head comps just on the photo/video

Reactions: Jimieo

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey, so, the phone is plastic. So is the HTC Incredible. How does the gsiii feel compared to the Incredible? On par, cheaper, etc? I have heard that SAmsung phones feel cheap, plastic, etc.

Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So, it is of the same quality/grade of plastic, then? Do we ain't gotta worry about anything? ;)
If you know, what sort of plastic dots the incredible have?

Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So, it is of the same quality/grade of plastic, then? Do we ain't gotta worry about anything? ;)
If you know, what sort of plastic dots the incredible have?

Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.

You will have a very hard time breaking a samsung phone when you drop it since its lighter than its compatible rivals. If its anything like past samsung phones, it will feel unnaturally light and a lot of htc and moto fanboys assumes its weak and flimsy yet these "cheap flimsy" phones can survive a ton of damage with only a few scratches showing. The secret to its durability is its lack of weight so there is less momentum to actually break the phone.

hollywould

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth updating from an Unlocked S2? I've had it for over a year now, and am looking to get something new. Can't decide weather to get this, or wait for something else.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You will have a very hard time breaking a samsung phone when you drop it since its lighter than its compatible rivals. If its anything like past samsung phones, it will feel unnaturally light and a lot of htc and moto fanboys assumes its weak and flimsy yet these "cheap flimsy" phones can survive a ton of damage with only a few scratches showing. The secret to its durability is its lack of weight so there is less momentum to actually break the phone.

I'd say this is a solid assessment. I have a Sprint GSII, and this weekend I dropped it from the seat of my SUV out the door and onto the pavement below, with just a simple TPU case on it. Thankfully it landed on its back, but it survived the fall from that height without a scratch. Even the case was barely scuffed.

Now I'm not saying Samsung phones are indestructible, but not many phones would have survived that kind of fall. I believe it had everything to do with the light weight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth updating from an Unlocked S2? I've had it for over a year now, and am looking to get something new. Can't decide weather to get this, or wait for something else.

If you were happy with the SGS2, go for it!
Better processor
Bigger 720p screen
New software features
LTE (NA)
2 gb ram(NA)

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Tell that to the Infuse that I had that fell 3 feet onto pavement and chipped the corner of the screen. :)

No phone is impervious and they can all break from subtle falls even.

I'd say this is a solid assessment. I have a Sprint GSII, and this weekend I dropped it from the seat of my SUV out the door and onto the pavement below, with just a simple TPU case on it. Thankfully it landed on its back, but it survived the fall from that height without a scratch. Even the case was barely scuffed.

Now I'm not saying Samsung phones are indestructible, but not many phones would have survived that kind of fall. I believe it had everything to do with the light weight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Tell that to the Infuse that I had that fell 3 feet onto pavement and chipped the corner of the screen. :)

No phone is impervious and they can all break from subtle falls even.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I already said that the phone will have scratches, and yes I consider a chipped screen to be scratch. My phone has a chip on the screen that's the size of a grain of sand, and a microscopic hair line crack on it as well, but as I mentioned in the other thread, I drop my phone like 5 times a day on concrete sometimes depending on which uniform I wear when I try to set up a car lift. So considering how much abuse this phone had received I think it did pretty okay. I also forgot to mention I have been running the screen buck naked with no protector for over a year.

My wife's Droid Charge ( a larger heavier Galaxy S ) just cracked borderline shattered her screen this weekend with a nice fall from about 3.5 feet and I wasn't surprised because that phone was one heavy SOB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15