I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

ToddB#AC

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got the dinc and would like to know how the resolution for reading text is. Is it better, same, or worse. How it's it compared to the iphone which I've seen and know that it's better than mine? Regards

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

unity04

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
In the web browser, do you have the option to adjust the screen brightness? I know some AMOLED displays automatically dim the display when there's a lot of white on the screen. I know the S2 had this feature, so I'm hoping they carried it over to the S3.

Thanks.

njnets21

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the EVO LTE but I'm going to take it back and get the S3 instead. One thing I love about the EVO LTE is that when I'm playing music from the google music app (not the built-in app), and the lockscreen comes up, a widget-looking thing comes up with the album art and play/skip buttons. does anyone know if the S3 has a similar function? most phones do, but only for the native music app and not the google music app.

i have looked everywhere for this and don't see it so would appreciate the help.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You've got questions about the S III. I've got the phone. Shoot!

Seeing how you have a lot of comparisons between the Gnex and the S3, I'd love to know which phone you'd call your primary phone if you could only choose one. I'm on the fence about getting the S3 or sticking with the Google gnex on att.

cyberbec#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
How does the S3 do with radio-switching, and battery drain?

On my EVO 4G, I manually turn on/off the Mobile and WiFi radios as needed to avoid severe battery drain (from searching for a signal that may be non-existent or weak).

On the S3, will I be able to just leave both radios turned on and have the phone successfully switch between radios?

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the EVO LTE but I'm going to take it back and get the S3 instead. One thing I love about the EVO LTE is that when I'm playing music from the google music app (not the built-in app), and the lockscreen comes up, a widget-looking thing comes up with the album art and play/skip buttons. does anyone know if the S3 has a similar function? most phones do, but only for the native music app and not the google music app.

i have looked everywhere for this and don't see it so would appreciate the help.

Poweramp or win amp both have this function.

njnets21

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Poweramp or win amp both have this function.

yes, but i want it with Google Music like the EVO LTE does. I use google music because i like the features within the cloud. it's way more convenient to make playlists on the fly and have the songs download locally automatically when added to a playlist.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex
I have just got the s3 and it's my first smart phone and my first android devise so all very new!
Please can you tell me how to sync my windows live hot mail calendar to the one you get on the phone? Also how and where do you buy music from? Can see the play store icon but can only see apps and movies in there?

Sorry for such silly questions but been trying to find out all weekend! Never asked on a forum before either so everything s new to me!

Thank you for your help
The newby! :D

I use MP3 Music Download app to get music. The only bad part is you don't have to pay for any of the music you download. ;)

Reactions: Sammfieuk

XFonz07

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a serious question concerning call record functions. I used to have the Sensation and it could record calls using "Record My Call". But when I moved over to the gs2 it couldn't do it. Could you download the app and let me know if it works?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

RifterAD

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So how's the battery life? My GNex battery life is terrible (even with the 2100 battery)...so I'm really curious if it's worth swapping out phones.

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
So how's the battery life? My GNex battery life is terrible (even with the 2100 battery)...so I'm really curious if it's worth swapping out phones.

Some time on google could give you your answer! Lots of objective and suubjective measures been carried out. Altho I'd say battery life is a hugely variable result.

D

Deleted member 156306

Is there anyway to make HDR the default shooting mode?

RifterAD

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Some time on google could give you your answer! Lots of objective and suubjective measures been carried out. Altho I'd say battery life is a hugely variable result.

Battery results definitely vary! I'm not looking for an answer that consists of X hours. Instead, I saw that Alex uses a Galaxy Nexus, so I was hoping he could let us know if it lasted a few hours (or even half a day) longer with similar use. If it doesn't last much longer, then it's probably not worth it (for me) to upgrade to the S III.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm coming from a gnex as well (with a POS HTC One X for three days that I returned) and I'm getting terrific battery life on at&t, on call talk time is really sick- I was on the phone for over an hour today and lost 5% total! for me im averaging 15 hours with heavy use. I've only had it for five days so far it will probably get better.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Trust me after picking up my gnex next to my S3 its sooooo nght and day. You just have to try and feel what the S3 is like, the weight distribution is amazing!