I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im unbranded lol so u try it dammit! :p
i have to fix this damn laptop im workin on before i do anythin.
have u checked out the stickies in i9300 forum?
we have some now :) x

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
im unbranded lol so u try it dammit! :p
i have to fix this damn laptop im workin on before i do anythin.
have u checked out the stickies in i9300 forum?
we have some now :) x

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

No I haven't. I will tho.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

merlin5557

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

hi
I have just upgraded my Galaxy S3
following the "full odin guide" on here although it completed everything ok,rebooted after the green Pass was showing in odin. it is now stuck saying "android is updating and "starting apps?? is it safe to unplug phone from pc? and will i be able to flash back to last state of phone if this flash has not worked. many thanks in advance for your help/advice on this

DryRice

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi newbie here, as a former iphone user i bought a i9300T from Powerbuy in Thailand and well is there any way to change it from i9300T to i9300 so i can get jellybean. There is no different between the two right? If anyone can help that would be great :D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hi
I have just upgraded my Galaxy S3
following the "full odin guide" on here although it completed everything ok,rebooted after the green Pass was showing in odin. it is now stuck saying "android is updating and "starting apps?? is it safe to unplug phone from pc? and will i be able to flash back to last state of phone if this flash has not worked. many thanks in advance for your help/advice on this

Did it work out?

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi newbie here, as a former iphone user i bought a i9300T from Powerbuy in Thailand and well is there any way to change it from i9300T to i9300 so i can get jellybean. There is no different between the two right? If anyone can help that would be great :D

Im pretty sure theres a way by changing the "CSC" or smething if that helps :)

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

What he meant was not "Download" from the internet but transfer from the pc to the S3, at least that is my problem. I guess it has something to do with the windows drivers that are messed up since the last KIES update.

pmitchell15

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

I have just got my Sammy GS3. It's the nuts. I previously had a HTC desire and this sh*ts all over it. However, on my HTC I was able to just hit one button and it collated all duplicated contacts together (from numerous backups to my sd card, from gmail, from hotmail etc) and it gave me a custom list including my contacts, their emails and facebook pics (if they were on fb). I have managed to collate them by making a custom account (somehow) however i still have many duplicates is there any easy way of over coming this other than me wiping all contacts and then editing the ones on my gmail account and then grabbing them back on the phone? and ... also how do you get the phone to grab your friends profile pics from facebook as their contact display?

Plus - just thought I'd mention GTA III on the Sammy GS3 is the best download I have ever made.

Thanks!

PM

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

I have just got my Sammy GS3. It's the nuts. I previously had a HTC desire and this sh*ts all over it. However, on my HTC I was able to just hit one button and it collated all duplicated contacts together (from numerous backups to my sd card, from gmail, from hotmail etc) and it gave me a custom list including my contacts, their emails and facebook pics (if they were on fb). I have managed to collate them by making a custom account (somehow) however i still have many duplicates is there any easy way of over coming this other than me wiping all contacts and then editing the ones on my gmail account and then grabbing them back on the phone? and ... also how do you get the phone to grab your friends profile pics from facebook as their contact display?

Plus - just thought I'd mention GTA III on the Sammy GS3 is the best download I have ever made.

Thanks!

PM

I think theres apps to "merge" contacts and a few custom dialers do it (Go Contacts) but as i remember, it was a pain in the ass. It doesnt really bother me as i never browse through contacts, i just search.

As for facebook, add facebook in "accounds and sync" setting :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

sukant08

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have s3 16g with 64g microsd I can't download files up to 4g. Say: file exceeds filesystem size limit. why? Can I filesystem resize ?
Your micrsoSD card is FAT32 file system, which has an addressing limitation of 4gb. So files nearing 4GB and exceeding it will not be compatible with your microSD. The phones internal storage however is capable of handling it. So instead of trying to copy the file/movie directly to the micro sd card, copy it to the phones storage. It will work.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Your micrsoSD card is FAT32 file system, which has an addressing limitation of 4gb. So files nearing 4GB and exceeding it will not be compatible with your microSD. The phones internal storage however is capable of handling it. So instead of trying to copy the file/movie directly to the micro sd card, copy it to the phones storage. It will work.

Thanks, I will try that. But let me tell you that it used to work, but lately it doesn't.

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey... Thanks a bunch.

i have a samsung galaxy s3 which doesnt get past the first black and white screen which shows Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300.

it can go in download mode.
....and shows the following:
....................................................................................
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME:
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD:No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom.

Downloading....
Do not turn off target !!

further still, it cannot go in recovery.

How can odin help me?

please help.

Regards,

Tom LL

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey... Thanks a bunch.

i have a samsung galaxy s3 which doesnt get past the first black and white screen which shows Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300.

it can go in download mode.
....and shows the following:
....................................................................................
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME:
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD:No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom.

Downloading....
Do not turn off target !!

further still, it cannot go in recovery.

How can odin help me?

please help.

Regards,

Tom LL

What did you do to make this happen mate? Be honest.
Your phone ISNT bricked so you CAN be helped :thumbup:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

sbs8331

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a couple of times to root my AT&T S3 (4.0.4) using Odin3. I'm able to get the phone into download mode, execute Odin3, display the yellow under ID:COM, select PDA, and click Start. In the messages section, I receive 4 lines:
  • <ID:0/005> Added!!
  • <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
  • <ID:0/005> File analysis..
  • <ID:0/005> Setup connection..
The process never complete: the phone never reboots, and the "Recovery" message never appears on the Odin screen. I have to take the battery out and put it back in for the phone to reboot, and I assume it's not rooted. I need to do this to try to recover the "Camera" folder containing pictures that I stupidly deleted. I used to jailbreak my iPhone, but I can't seem to get this to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, and Merry Christmas.