I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

Jon Watson68

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have just updated the firmware on my Galaxy 3, and was asked at the same time to upgrade to Kies 3, so I did that as well. Now there is no option - either on my phone or PC - to synchronize my calendars, tasks or contacts. The previous menu option on the phone (Settings/More settings/Kies wi fi) has disappeared, and the Sync option on the PC (for either USB or wi fi connections) has also disappeared.
Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know the solution?

Jon Watson68

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Having just spent the best part of an hour on the phone to the Samsung support centre, they have now admitted that it is not possible to synchronise with the new software! So if you need to synchronise, DON'T UPGRADE!!!

Froco29

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S 3 I9300 and and Audi A4 with built in bluetooth, etc. My Samsung's phone list is properly set up for first name and then family name, but the same list comes out with family name first on the A4 "screen". Samsung version 4.1.4 and Audi say it must be version 4.0.2. Strangely the "missed", "received" and "dialed" numbers come up on the Audi scree correctly (with first name first). I tried changing the "show list by" option on the screen with no change.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Froco29,
Be glad that anything works - Bluetooth with automobiles and Android seems to be a crap shoot. Just search the forums if you doubt my assessment.

Some people update the firmware in the car and things improve; some people fiddle with the Bluetooth configuration in the car and things improve; and some people have no luck at all (and complain about how it 'just works' with their iOS-based devices).

If you've tried all of the sorting options and display options on the phone side, and if there's nothing that you can change on the car side, perhaps it's time to look online for Audi forums to see if you have better luck. (Or you can send me the A4 and I'll loan you my Mustang while I try to sort it out.)
:eek:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

johndoc37

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

Having just spent the best part of an hour on the phone to the Samsung support centre, they have now admitted that it is not possible to synchronise with the new software! So if you need to synchronise, DON'T UPGRADE!!!

Jon - I have experienced exactly what you have experienced. Spent ages on the phone with UK Samsung Support and was eventually told that there are 'issues' with KIES 3 and that it will no longer be possible to sync with my MS Outlook Calendar, Tasks & Contacts. Support had no information about timescale for a fixed KIES 3.

Samsung really has made a pig's ear of this firmware and KIES update. It really is disgraceful to have released such error-ridden updates to users.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Based on a link I saw in another forum, which described the changes in Kies v3, they have intentionally removed the syncing features. It wasn't a mistake and they won't be adding them back.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Rick Coslo

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am new to this, so please bear with me.
I bought unlocked (sim free) S3 (GT-I9300) over 16 months ago from the UK.
I live in the Republic of Ireland.
My problem, is that when I installed the "SKYGO" app using the Irish Playstore version, it will not let me.
Its indicates that I cannot use the app while roaming.
Also I have to set use "data roaming" in the settings, in order to access the mobile data using a local sim card.
I do not incur any extra charges for this.
Can anybody help>
Thanks.

Cara Gibson

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Hi my phone wouldn't take a charge so I opened back and cleaned with soft small brush. Still didn't work. So I got a fully charged battery and now the phone turns on and sounds normal but I cant see anything on the screen.

Please help me

Cara

michelle scott13

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
How do i set up my galaxy 3 to watch netflix. I signed in, but it says I cannot watch the shows. please help. 1st day w a smart phone. Totally clueless. I went into the phone to enable the cookies, but they were already on. Am I doing something wrong. I opened Netflix from google chrome. Not sure what to do. ANy help would be appreciated.

lydiaa2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

hello, i've just upgraded my samsung galaxy s3 (4.3 android). I noticed the keyboard cant change to 3*4 anymore.. is there a way to change it? i downloaded "perfect keyboard" so that to be able to write with 3*4.. im just asking if it can change without download other keyboards, thanks

Juli M

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

I also have the samsung galaxy s3 for about 2 years now. This is now the second time I've had the following happen: "email sending failed" from my sbcglobal.net account. I also have work and college microsoft outlook accounts. No passwords changed (except for my gmail email account...which i never use). Why won't my email send?
Things I have already tried:
-deleting accounts, restart, and reinstalling email accounts
-deleting cache under Setting-app manager-all-email-clear cache....then restarting phone
Help! Ain't nobody got time to go to verizon and sit and wait for help:'(

nappadang

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Alex,
My question is to do with the post flash camera. I've read that the cyanogenmod camera software is less well developed than the Samsung equivalent. If I use an app like Camera Zoom FX Will this compensate?

richie wetzel

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

ive got a Samsung galaxy s 3 and tonight I have been texting my friend really long text messages(mms) and while theyre loading to send a picture of a girl pops up then quickly disappears.. ive never had this happen before do you know whats going on?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
a picture of a girl pops up then quickly disappears.
Is it an attractive girl? In a skimpy outfit? I guess I'LL have to start sending really long messages...

Heh heh - this is a strange one. Are you using the stock Messaging app?
Does this happen every time? If so, you could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 and see if the problem persists - if it doesn't, some 3rd party application is causing your problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

saadalbayati

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy s4, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

i broght ne galagsy s4 GT19500 ,BUT THER IS NO SIGNAT TO MAKE CALLS ALSO THE ICON FOR THE SIGNAL NOT FOUND THANKS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21