GT-I9300 users thread :)

gcwj

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
We definitely need a forum for the GT-i9300. I live in the US and run mine on AT&T, but have not been able to get any updates from Samsung or AT&T. I read somewhere that I could load one using Kies, but there were none available there. Went to Samsung's web site but there was nothing under their support section for this phone. Called Samsung's support line, and they don't even have anything showing in their database. It works fine, battery is fine, but would like access to the new stuff once in a while!

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
We definitely need a forum for the GT-i9300. I live in the US and run mine on AT&T, but have not been able to get any updates from Samsung or AT&T. I read somewhere that I could load one using Kies, but there were none available there. Went to Samsung's web site but there was nothing under their support section for this phone. Called Samsung's support line, and they don't even have anything showing in their database. It works fine, battery is fine, but would like access to the new stuff once in a while!

hi quad-corers ;) hmm what firmware version are u on justnow mate? what happens when u check for OTA updates?

jho51e

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! New to Android! I think i have a GT-I9300.. I'm from Sydney Australia, on Vodafone.

Newbie Q: i am assuming there are different SGS3 models around? If so, how is the GT-I9300?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right. im on ........G8, think the next update is H8 and when i check for OTA it says try later so that means im in a queue and theres a new update available. is ur s3 sim-free (not carrier branded)?
in fact can all the GT users post what baseband version they have, if theyr gettin "try later" or "none available" and if their GT is carrier locked or sim free please?
id like to know if the OTA comes from sammy or the carrier/network..

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Virgin mobile, unlocked no update available
3a6c9319-3ff0-8c75.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hey Caney is F2 the update that gave us the brightness slider in the notification bar m8?
think we'v had another two since the slider one. one of them removed local search and the next one gave it back. the latest update is aparently just a 1Mb update that improves battery life but im gettin "try later"

ZeyadHesham

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Zeyad, Egypt

GT-I9300 sim free, on Etisalat Egypt
I didn't recieve any update the 1 MB update neither the update that removed the local search
Just getting no update available :S

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hey Zeyad, hows things going since the revolution?
whats the last five didgets of your baseband (in settings, about phone) mate?

gcwj

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
right. im on ........G8, think the next update is H8 and when i check for OTA it says try later so that means im in a queue and theres a new update available. is ur s3 sim-free (not carrier branded)?
in fact can all the GT users post what baseband version they have, if theyr gettin "try later" or "none available" and if their GT is carrier locked or sim free please?
id like to know if the OTA comes from sammy or the carrier/network..

Yes, it is sim-free (not carrier branded).

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thats good man. do u think the muslim brotherhood are gona have any say over the military?
right XXLFB came after XXLF2 i think then ther was another one and then G8. mine is sim-free too so it must be the carriers who push the updates depending on what country youre in wether we're tied to a carrier or not ?

ZeyadHesham

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
No I don't think so, I am sure !
Well, I don't think that the carriers are the ones responsible for pushing the updates, I think it depends on the region, so maybe the people in Europe received it while others in the MiddleEast didn't (just a guess)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante