Convert SIII GT-i9300T to GT-i9300

djgadget

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is a stupid question, but i am gonna ask it anyway....

Is it possible to convert a GT-i9300T into an international version.... I assume that the hardware is the same, so is it only software....

If it is possible, how do you do it...

Cheers in advance...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
what is the Gt-i9300T mate? and whats different about it to the gt-i9300?
is it quad core Exinos, 1gb ram and no LTE same as the gt-i9300?

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The international version has a different processor, different RAM, different radios, different sound processor..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Fuzzi99

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
what is the Gt-i9300T mate? and whats different about it to the gt-i9300?
is it quad core Exinos, 1gb ram and no LTE same as the gt-i9300?
The GT-i9300T is the same hardware wise, it's just the Telecom branded firmware, ie. it'll get updates after the american ones.
But any custom rom for the 9300 will work with the 9300T

Shooter03

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same one man the gt-I9300T and I'd love to get rid of the telstra branded apps on the phone. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Tap'n 'Like A Boss'

djgadget

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So just an update, for all who have just been converted to Android and the S3, I was an iPhone user for a while, had an Ice Cream Sandwich and then the whole world seemed a nicer place...

I took the risk and flashed the JB leak [UK Version] to my GT-i9300T with Odin, and everything is working perfectly... It even changed the named of my device from i9300T to i9300... at least that is what I see in the "About" tab in the setting, do know if that really means anything...

But no problems to report...

Later, Rasta4aye...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So just an update, for all who have just been converted to Android and the S3, I was an iPhone user for a while, had an Ice Cream Sandwich and then the whole world seemed a nicer place...

I took the risk and flashed the JB leak [UK Version] to my GT-i9300T with Odin, and everything is working perfectly... It even changed the named of my device from i9300T to i9300... at least that is what I see in the "About" tab in the setting, do know if that really means anything...

But no problems to report...

Later, Rasta4aye...

thats great man. congratulations. hope a lot of people with the "T" read this and follow your lead :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

djgadget

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the appreciation... and being from the UK myself... it is great to have the UK firmware, I live in Asia at the moment, and can do without the Thai Bloatware...

razerrazer

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about flashing my Australian Telstra branded Samsung Galaxy S3 to the UK Stock firmware, as I'd like to get regular android updates. Here is a screenshot from my about device screen:

about_device_telstra_I9300T.jpg

Before I go ahead, does anyone think I'll have any problems, specifically with reception in Australia? Will I get updates to the Android OS as google roll them out?

Also, is it possible to backup my existing firmware first?

sashlon

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my GT-19300T and flashed the Super Nexus 2 Jelly Bean rom onto it. Now it's a GT-19300 :)

BTW, that rom is awesome :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 Super Nexus II using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about flashing my Australian Telstra branded Samsung Galaxy S3 to the UK Stock firmware, as I'd like to get regular android updates. Here is a screenshot from my about device screen:

View attachment 37898

Before I go ahead, does anyone think I'll have any problems, specifically with reception in Australia? Will I get updates to the Android OS as google roll them out?

Also, is it possible to backup my existing firmware first?

i wouldnt like to say yes or no mate. try and find an Ausie s3 forum to be sure.
your firmware is definately out of date btw

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

djgadget

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
No worries... Go ahead and flash.. I had the same Phone, with the Thai firmware on AIS... Now it is a UK BTU version running the DLI8 leak...

"Flash it, like you stole it"

Rasta4i

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No worries... Go ahead and flash.. I had the same Phone, with the Thai firmware on AIS... Now it is a UK BTU version running the DLI8 leak...

"Flash it, like you stole it"

Rasta4i

will the baseband version work in his country though mate?
.. aye and aye luvz da username btw lol ;)

colang01

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same one man the gt-I9300T and I'd love to get rid of the telstra branded apps on the phone. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Tap'n 'Like A Boss'

Best way is to root your SGS3 install Titanium and freeze your Telstra Apps or install Rom Toolbox and freeze or uninstall
Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Shooter03

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks mate. Turns out when i bought the phone outright I was given the wrong one, I was givin the telco branded one when i shouldn't have been. Took it back and now I have the gt-i9300 version without all the telstra crapola on it. Which also means ill get the jellybean before the branded ones....woohoo:D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks mate. Turns out when i bought the phone outright I was given the wrong one, I was givin the telco branded one when i shouldn't have been. Took it back and now I have the gt-i9300 version without all the telstra crapola on it. Which also means ill get the jellybean before the branded ones....woohoo:D

haha cool mate :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

markos1902

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I wount to know that too.I also have gti9300t and have android 4.1.2 ...Is possible to flas to 4.3 or 4.2.2 this version 4.1.2 is suck,they have many bags and errors...Thanks for answer...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463