Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By firetruck41
  • 1 Post By djgadget
  • 1 Post By djgadget
  • 1 Post By colang01
  • 1 Post By Shooter03
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Convert SIII GT-i9300T to GT-i9300

I don't know if this is a stupid question, but i am gonna ask it anyway....

Is it possible to convert a GT-i9300T into an international version.... I assume that the hardware is the same, so is it only software....

If it is possible, how do you do it...

Cheers in advance...

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Convert SIII GT-i9300T to GT-i9300

what is the Gt-i9300T mate? and whats different about it to the gt-i9300?
    is it quad core Exinos, 1gb ram and no LTE same as the gt-i9300?

ROM
    Stock

The international version has a different processor, different RAM, different radios, different sound processor..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Roboticz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    what is the Gt-i9300T mate? and whats different about it to the gt-i9300?
    is it quad core Exinos, 1gb ram and no LTE same as the gt-i9300?
    The GT-i9300T is the same hardware wise, it's just the Telecom branded firmware, ie. it'll get updates after the american ones.
    But any custom rom for the 9300 will work with the 9300T
    Thanked by:

I have the same one man the gt-I9300T and I'd love to get rid of the telstra branded apps on the phone. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Tap'n 'Like A Boss'
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

So just an update, for all who have just been converted to Android and the S3, I was an iPhone user for a while, had an Ice Cream Sandwich and then the whole world seemed a nicer place...

I took the risk and flashed the JB leak [UK Version] to my GT-i9300T with Odin, and everything is working perfectly... It even changed the named of my device from i9300T to i9300... at least that is what I see in the "About" tab in the setting, do know if that really means anything...

But no problems to report...

Later, Rasta4aye...
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta4aye View Post
    So just an update, for all who have just been converted to Android and the S3, I was an iPhone user for a while, had an Ice Cream Sandwich and then the whole world seemed a nicer place...

I took the risk and flashed the JB leak [UK Version] to my GT-i9300T with Odin, and everything is working perfectly... It even changed the named of my device from i9300T to i9300... at least that is what I see in the "About" tab in the setting, do know if that really means anything...

But no problems to report...

Later, Rasta4aye...
    thats great man. congratulations. hope a lot of people with the "T" read this and follow your lead :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Thanks a lot for the appreciation... and being from the UK myself... it is great to have the UK firmware, I live in Asia at the moment, and can do without the Thai Bloatware...

I'm thinking about flashing my Australian Telstra branded Samsung Galaxy S3 to the UK Stock firmware, as I'd like to get regular android updates. Here is a screenshot from my about device screen:

Convert SIII GT-i9300T to GT-i9300-about_device_telstra_i9300t.jpg

Before I go ahead, does anyone think I'll have any problems, specifically with reception in Australia? Will I get updates to the Android OS as google roll them out?

Also, is it possible to backup my existing firmware first?

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Super Nexus II Custom Rom

I rooted my GT-19300T and flashed the Super Nexus 2 Jelly Bean rom onto it. Now it's a GT-19300

BTW, that rom is awesome

Sent from my GT-I9300 Super Nexus II using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by razerrazer View Post
    I'm thinking about flashing my Australian Telstra branded Samsung Galaxy S3 to the UK Stock firmware, as I'd like to get regular android updates. Here is a screenshot from my about device screen:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	about_device_telstra_I9300T.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	37898

Before I go ahead, does anyone think I'll have any problems, specifically with reception in Australia? Will I get updates to the Android OS as google roll them out?

Also, is it possible to backup my existing firmware first?
    i wouldnt like to say yes or no mate. try and find an Ausie s3 forum to be sure.
    your firmware is definately out of date btw

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

No worries... Go ahead and flash.. I had the same Phone, with the Thai firmware on AIS... Now it is a UK BTU version running the DLI8 leak...

"Flash it, like you stole it"

Rasta4i
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta4aye View Post
    No worries... Go ahead and flash.. I had the same Phone, with the Thai firmware on AIS... Now it is a UK BTU version running the DLI8 leak...

"Flash it, like you stole it"

Rasta4i
    will the baseband version work in his country though mate?
    .. aye and aye luvz da username btw lol

GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter03 View Post
    I have the same one man the gt-I9300T and I'd love to get rid of the telstra branded apps on the phone. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Tap'n 'Like A Boss'
    Best way is to root your SGS3 install Titanium and freeze your Telstra Apps or install Rom Toolbox and freeze or uninstall
    Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.

Default Convert SIII GT-i9300T to GT-i9300

Thanks mate. Turns out when i bought the phone outright I was given the wrong one, I was givin the telco branded one when i shouldn't have been. Took it back and now I have the gt-i9300 version without all the telstra crapola on it. Which also means ill get the jellybean before the branded ones....woohoo
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter03 View Post
    Thanks mate. Turns out when i bought the phone outright I was given the wrong one, I was givin the telco branded one when i shouldn't have been. Took it back and now I have the gt-i9300 version without all the telstra crapola on it. Which also means ill get the jellybean before the branded ones....woohoo
    haha cool mate

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Please reply me that it is possible to convert I9300t to i9300 with uk stock rom or not ......
    Or any way to remove vodafone start up screen.

I wount to know that too.I also have gti9300t and have android 4.1.2 ...Is possible to flas to 4.3 or 4.2.2 this version 4.1.2 is suck,they have many bags and errors...Thanks for answer...