| || |
[Guide] Complete Guide to Using Odin(de-bloat,root and recover)
Please read this guide in full before trying to flash anything. Also if you are unsure about anything please ask as it is much easier for me to answer questions then help people get out of a mess.
EDIT: FIRMWARE LINKS ADDED
Now we have our own sub forum I thought it was time to introduce people to Odin. Odin is a tool for flashing stock firmware’s released by Samsung. Odin is usually the best way to keep your phone up to date with the most recent firmware releases from Samsung and can also be used for removing carrier bloat and restoring your phone if you run into any issues while hacking,rooting or tinkering.As useful as Odin is though it should be respected as it has access to parts of your device that if you mess with could render it useless.
Disclaimer You follow this guide and use the software at your own risk I will no be held responsible for anything that happens to you or your device if you choose to follow it or use the software. Everything you do you choose to do yourself and is nothing to do with me!
That being said I will try my best to help you if anything goes wrong
Warning: Using ODIN can change your bootloader to show that the system is MODIFIED and may increase your ODIN flash count. This may void your Warrenty
First lets take a look at the different sections in Odin where we can insert files and what these sections represent:
• PIT This is for .Pit files you will only need to use this if a firmware update needs to change your partition layout (very very unlikely) or if you mess up you partition table (you don’t want to do this) . You will probably never have to use this so just leave it alone unless you I say you need to do it or you know what you are doing.
• Bootloader This is for a new bootloader, however I have never heard of this being used or ever had to use it myself so again leave this section alone
• PDA This is the file where the software is actually contained and its name refers to the version of the software.
• PHONE This is for the file that contains the modem.
• CSC This stands for consumer software customization this file relates to specific carrier and geographical software, such as APN settings for data connection. This has nothing to do with the languages the firmware or keyboard support.
1.Make sure you have the GT-I9300 drivers installed. You can get them from the Samsung website or by installing Kies.
2.Make sure kies isn't running. Kies and Odin don't get on!!
3. Download Odin (below) and extract it.Then double click on the Odin.exe file to run it (It will have to run as admin)
4. Choose the firmware you want from here [http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...l#post2133357]
and extract it to get the .tar or tar.md5 file or files then save it somewhere you will remember.
Flashing Firmware with Odin
1. Put your phone into download mode. To do this turn the phone off and then press volume down+home button+power button at the same time. You will then get a warning saying press up to continue and down to cancel, press volume up and you are now in download mode
2. Start Odin
3.At this point please make sure that ONLY TWO OPTIONS TICKED are "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" (otherwise you could end up with a very expensive paperweight)
4. If there was only one tar file when you extracted the firmware put it in the PDA section.This just means this file contains the PDA+PHONE+CSC all in one firmware If there are three files they should have one of PDA/PHONE/CSC in their names look for this and put them in the corresponding section.
5. Plug your GT-I9300 into the computer, wait for the drivers to install and then wait for the ID:COM section to turn blue.
6.ONCE AGAIN CHECK YOU HAVE NOT TICKED RE-PARTITION OR PUT IN A PIT FILE
7.Press start and the flash will begin, once this has started do not remove the usb cable or turn of your computer or the device
the phone will reboot once the flash has finished. [I]Ocsasionally Odin may hang on setting up connection, if this happens it is ok to detach and re-attach the USB cable and Odin should continue
How to Remove Carrier Bloat Using Odin
How to Root Using Odin
So that's it for now guys, and please if you are unsure of anything don't hesitate to ask! Complete Stock Firmware Thread for GT-I9300
Much Android Loving