Some disappointments on S3...:-*

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! On last September, 2nd? I bought this nice gem from a service provider through phone contract. Strangely I have a no brand S3. So much better!
Attached you have a file to know my device configuration and i premise that I recovered on S3 my backup from "old" S2 phone.????????
Unfortunately, I must complain some troubles:
1) I don' t receive some sms and I don't know the reason? (I'm ascertaing that the service provider is not the responsable of the mistake);
2) sometimes the address book appears empty and crashes. Only by restarting of the phone I can get the address book restoring. I recovered address book and sms from my precedent Samsung;
3) The Touchwiz often crashes and I must only restart the phone manually (the phone doesn't restart automatically).
4) the widget of the default music player I found on phone now has not songs loaded! On the external sd the songs have always been there (until yesterday morning the player reads them and now the restarting hasn't resolved the issue)!
5) When I calling and I use the number keys is impossible because just you press a key the screen turns off quickly;
6) Accuwheater meteo widget I have found as default widget on S3 doesn't update the data, even if I have clean cache memory of "wheaterdaemon" and "wheater...i don't remember" apps;
7) it was found that News&meteo app is not compatible with S3. Is there an app that can replace that app and that can get personal interested subject as News&meteo did?
8) I have set the charge percentage next to the battery symbol on my phone and sometimes the percentage remains locked to a certain value (false). Why?
9) Sometimes the Gallery doesn't show the media files. I can show them through Quickpick program.The number for the service is correct.
I thank you for attention and I pray you not suggest me to restoring the factory default setting through hard reset...

edit: about 4 point I have songs loaded into widget and I strangely have fixed it listening some songs calling the music player program into apps menu...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347630341462.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347630341462.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

smiff_cool

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the best solution here is to update to jelly bean, let me know if you approved this and I will teach you how to install. thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I think the best solution here is to update to jelly bean, let me know if you approved this and I will teach you how to install. thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

yeah too many issues for my brain to handle and the language barrier would kill me.
sorry OP :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Northburn

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't move any apps to my sd card on my S3. This was not a problem on my previous phone S2.
Any advice, or have I wasted my money buying an 32gb sd card ?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Central Forums

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
you must be in ICS or JB. If you are, you can manually move media (music, videos, pix, etc to your external SD Card but you can't move apps unless you're willing to get into some hacking maneuvers. Google this forum for explanations and workarounds. There are already several threads on this subject.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
R: Some disappointments on S3...:-*

Dear friends,? I answered at the most important questions through a hard reset. Coming back to the default factory settings I solved issues as empties rubric and gallery, sms not received and? the touchwiz that crashed.
I made a backup and I recovered its through Mybackup Pro app and now all works fine!
The issues as the keys of phone that suddenly turned off and the media player widget that not? loaded songs I have not experienced more. However these last issues are occurred only once.
Unfortunately? I have not found more News and meteo app on the market.
I hope to find something such.
Accuwheater often (perhaps always) doesn't update its state and displeasure me because Accuweather is used by Android to display meteo on lockscreen.
For the percentage battery issue now rarely happens and I think that is just a battery defect.

@randyboi
Thanks for tips but for now I don' t want to root my phone...

@Northburn
@sfrrr
I had not noticed that on S3 I can't move apps on external sd card! Why so?

Last edited:

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
R: Some disappointments on S3...:-*

yeah too many issues for my brain to handle and the language barrier would kill me.
sorry OP :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Hihihi! A little patience, please! :D
I like to learn English like to know better my little gem device...:banghead:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol im sorry. im Scottish so you probably speak better english than me :beer:

p.s. the way memory works on the s3 is the future for android phones. google want us to have apps saved to internal memory as it is more secure so thats why the s3 has a huge internal memory but will only read apps from internal. just move all your media to external SD and there should be plenty of space for apps :)

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Dear umby75fg, Sorry about my delay in answering your question. I haven't been able to log in for almost a week.

Funk is probably correct about the logic for this. All I know is that unless you are interested in doing some rooting or other mini-hacking technique, you can't run apps on an external microSD Card. You can store images, videos, music, downloads, backups, and other non-executable files on the external card. I even store copies of some important apps (the apk's) on my 64 gig card, but if I ever need to install or re-install one of those apps, it installs onto the device itself.

I'm confident, however, that it won't be long, however, before some programmer will figure out an easy way to run apps off the external card. Just hang in there.

Sfrrr
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
think its always gona require a bit of hackery mate but youre right, back-ups of .apks and app settings back-ups can be moved or copied to external sd (the phone just wont read them). ive recently copied the settings back-up for Nova launcher, Widget Locker, Go Sms etc to ext' sd incase anything goes wrong with the Jellybean update. if it does, ill have to copy them back to the phone memory to use them but at least theyre safe :)