Does anyone know what this app is?

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Saw this app for the first time today when I checked for apps responsIble for my battery draIn. the name of the app Is BroadcomMeMservice

Anyone know what it is? Thanx in advance

Couldn't attach the screen capture from my GSIII:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
try selecting the small size for the attatchment and hitting "for this forum"
havent heard of it man...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've just spent an hour trying to find two charts I thought I had downloaded from the XDA forums. Each contained a list of all the pre-installed apps on the S3 or S2. I think I trust Evernote too much.

Anyway, don't delete the Broadcom file. I vaguely remember it's somehow essential to online connections.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanx folks. Resized the screen capture to 360 x 640 and tried both tapatalk and this 'forum' for the upload but it still failed to upload

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe the app the OP is referring to is unknown to an extent but I think its a piece of the necessary binaries needed on the device. Broadcom being a name I remember from AOSP source linked to the binaries files as they are known.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Broadcom MEMS service. MEMS=microelectromechanicalsystems. In the XDA link document that funkylogicjoe recently sent, it lists its function as unknown, but says "use caution" if you're thinking of getting rid of it. I just left it alone and moved on to disable other, less mysterious apps. I think that if you really need more info on this, you should either ask on the broadcom site or forum, or post on XDA.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
exactly, disable/freeze it for for a few days before uninstalling.
i made huge mistake uninstalling an app i wasnt sure of on one of my old phones and it messed with gapps, couldnt use play store or nuthin. had to flash phone again
ps this was before ics when u had to root to freeze apps
ps wasnt me who posted the chart ;) credit where its due. ive bookmarked the link though for future reference :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

mipsmonsta

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
It should have to do with receiving informations from the accelerometer and gyroscope of the phone.