any1 in UK get "samsung account update" today?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
what is it? took like a minute to download. could it be in preparation for JB or am i dreaming?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right. it just came up on my screen like a pushed firmware update askin me to download and install it..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
...firmware version hasnt changed btw..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
an online friend in england got same update. anyone else yet?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
anyone researched it? ive never had a "samsung account" update....
cant helg thinkin its a prep' for the JB udpate.. :)

mjafferi

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I got it too in Canada. I have an international version of s3. I hope it is for jb :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Judas101

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
any idea what it is?

Nope. This morning when I switched on I had a Samsung account expired message and had to log back in. I assume it's related to the update. Hopefully it's preparation for the Jelly Bean update :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine but only when I tried to sign into my account? I now just have a tick sign on Samsung account in the sync area.
I don't know what the download was for but avg scanned something.

Sent from my S3 via Tapatalk

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Nope. This morning when I switched on I had a Samsung account expired message and had to log back in. I assume it's related to the update. Hopefully it's preparation for the Jelly Bean update :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i had exact same thing mate... strange

leobloom

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the update but now I keep getting a notification telling me my 'session has expired' if I try and logo back in it shows a blue box and spinning logo in circle and the words 'In Progress' then after about 30 secs it says 'Processing failed' :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the update but now I keep getting a notification telling me my 'session has expired' if I try and logo back in it shows a blue box and spinning logo in circle and the words 'In Progress' then after about 30 secs it says 'Processing failed' :(

check out the thread in main s3 forum mate ;)
its called "samsung login fail???"

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I also got it today but my phone is from Vodafone, locked to the carrier so probably it has nothing to do with jelly bean because carriers will update the os months after the unlocked one's, right? But I would also like to know what it is. ;-)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I also got it today but my phone is from Vodafone, locked to the carrier so probably it has nothing to do with jelly bean because carriers will update the os months after the unlocked one's, right? But I would also like to know what it is. ;-)

good point man unless samsung pushes JB to all the gt-i9300 carrier locked or unlocked.
dont know if any US phones got the update.
id also like to know what its for...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE