JB OTA pushing in Poland

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
how does Kies know what country we'r in?
could we use like a proxy to pretend we're in Poland or does it go by the IMEI of the phone?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Aw man. You guys are lucky. Hopefully us One X owners get our fix of Jelly Bean soon too. :(

Sent from my HTC One X

hope so man. two legendary phones with the latest firmware :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Nazty111

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
im guessing that poland has its own firmware version with their language as default? so its pushed directly to the phones with that firmware once connected to kies. Doubt it'd be via IMEI, it'd be tedious to keep track of each phones imei and knowing theyre in poland. or maybe i need to finaaly go to sleep and stop being a "genius" :p

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the sim free guy's will get there's first from what ive read, us guys on locked phone's will have to wait for the carriers to do there testing before we get it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
*sim free*
my phone was actualy sold as an Orange network phone but thankfully it came unbranded with an Orange sim (not even a microsim lol) in the packaging lol :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I can hardly wait...... :))

do you think it will be available on Kies long before Over The Air?
hope not as i hate kies and it hates me.
computers hate me full-stop (period) :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
in poland it came out on kies first. also the OTA update will be very busy and youll be put in a queue.
as far as i know, youll get the update if youre rooted but it will remove root