1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Contacts deleted

I'm trying to get my Galaxy S3 all synced up with my contacts in gmail.

I started off my syncing my contacts from Mac's address book to my phone via Easy Phone Sync. It worked good but I wanted to get my gmail contacts in order anyway and have the phone sync up with that instead. That seamed like an easier solution.
    Since I've been an iPhone user since the start it took me a while to get all the contacts neatly organized in gmail (like 3 days).

So here I am with a neatly organized contacts in gmail and a phone that has been synced with the Address book in my Mac.

What I did after that was to turn on sync on my gmail account (on my phone). It worked and worked but not much happened.
    So I after it stopped I went in to my contacts (on the phone) and saw I had about half the contacts in there as on my gmail account (like 350). So I figured it was still only the Address book contacts that was in there. I went ahead and deleted them cause I figured the sync with gmail might not work if there is a bunch of old contacts in there.
    Now I go in and look in my gmail account on my computer and about 150 contacts are gone.

1. Is there anyway to get them back?

2. How do I sync the gmail account with the phone without risking loosing more contacts? I had about 700 to start and now I'm down to about 550.

Thank you
    Sophie

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Contacts deleted

not sure mate, ive never put so many numbers in at one time but when i add a number, it gives me the option "save to phone" or "save to " you have to save to gmail account for them to be saved forever. dont know if that helps in any way but good luck mate

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK