Screen unresponding

alacafette

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! I've been checking a lot on internet about what is happening to my S3 and after trying so many things I seriously ran out of ideas of what to do. I hope someone can help as I am really desperate. So far it was working perfectly but after last software update, when I am going to put the pattern to unblock the phone and use it, its not responding. Some times, not many really, after few attempts its working again but after gets block again i am having the same problem.

I'm not blaming the update cos i couldn't find anyone with the same problem. The only thing I did is that I tried to unlock it using Odin and Voodoo Galaxy SIII Unlock but I couldn?t after doing all the proccess (root included) so I used SuperSU to unroot it and I did again the unlock with a network code that a friend gave me, which shouldn't be a problem as, let's say, its a cleanest way to do it. I don't know, as I said I'm totally out of ideas and lost of what to do but its a nightmare try to use your phone and the tactile screen is not responding. Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i have no idea man. i would suggest a factory reset but it sounds like youve done that

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

alacafette

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did that I don't know how many times already and in the 3 differents ways. I think i will go to Samsung and ask them. Thank you anyway!!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah mate it sounds like a faulty unit and no problem.
good luck :beer:

make sure any signs of unlocking or rooting are GONE btw as they could void the guarantee ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

alacafette

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone again! I fixed it!! So if this happens to anyone else here its what I did. As you said funkylogik i was also thinking of going to Samsung as it might was a faulty unit so I started to delete all the signs that they could use to void the guarantee and suddenly: I got it!!. If doing the hard reset wasn?t solving the problem it meant it was something wrong with the kernel so I reset the flash counter and delete everything again, installed a stock firmware and it is working!! So simple but i was obsessed and couldn't see it, hehehe. It may happen to someone else too so uninstall everything and go back to zero and start again ;) thank you!!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
nice one mate :)
just be careful what youre flashing is the lesson :thumbup: