I've put this thread here to give you guys a variety of music players that you can use. I, like many of you, don't like using the stock music player because it hasn't got the ability to customize it the way we'd like, so we'd like more of a choice. So rather than having to find them all over the place, I will keep everything here in one place.
If you notice any information in this guide which is incorrect, or any bad links, let me know and I'll fix it as soon as possible. Also, I know that there are a load that aren't on this list, so if there are some which aren't on the list but you think they should be, let me know and I'll look into them and update the list.
If you've found this guide useful, rather than posting thanks, simply hit the 'Thanks' button.
All download links will be in the 3RD post.
GoneMAD Music Player
Feature-Rich and Highly Customizable Music Player
GoneMAD Music Player focuses on providing tons of features and options to allow for a personalized listening experience. With 125+ customizable options, you can listen to music the way you want to. Features include:
-Supported audio formats: aac(mp4/m4a/m4b), mp3, ogg, flac, tta, ape, wv, mpc, alac, wav, and wma (non-lossless)
-Flawless gapless playback (mp3 and aac gapless supported on most devices)
-Highly optimized media library, designed for large music libraries (50k+), that works with every supported format
-Browse your collection by artist, album, song, genre, playlist, or folders
-Built in file browser
-Album artist and disc no tags supported
-Tag editor (supports mass editing)
-Search artists, album artists, albums, songs, and filenames
Powerful Music Player for Android
Poweramp is a powerful music player for Android.
Follow us on twitter @Poweramp2 to get instant updates on app development progress, feature spotlight, theme sharing, take part in giveaways and even chances for free copies of Poweramp. Features include:
- plays mp3, mp4/m4a (including alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff (* some wma pro files may require NEON support)
- 10 band optimized graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets, custom presets
- separate powerful Bass and Treble adjustment
- stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance
- replay gain
- plays songs from folders and from own library
- dynamic queue
- lyrics support, including lyrics search via musiXmatch plugin
- embed and standalone .cue files support
- support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists
- OpenGL based cover art animation
- downloads missing album art
Astro Player Nova
Powerful music and video player with audiobooks and podcasts support. Advanced bookmarks, folder based auto-playlists, fast playback up to 6x, equalizer, skins, scrobbling, fetching album art, gapless playback, auto-resume, lyrics, flac, radio, podcasts and more. Supports Google Reader and DAR.fm. Features include: Supported formats
Audio: mp3, ogg, flac, m4b(partial support), mp4, 3gp, m4a, mid, wma(not on all devices), xmf, mxmf, rtttl, rtx, ota, wav, m4a, amr
Video: mp4, 3gp Advanced bookmarks
Unlimited number of custom bookmarks
All tracks auto-bookmarks (restores position on per-file basis)
Bookmarking functionality is available also for video
Each bookmark restores not only playback position but the corresponding playlist as well Unique features
Adjustable playback speed: fast/slow 2x - .05x and 2x speed with the same pitch
Non-Unicode encoding support (displays Artist, Album in your own language for Non-Unicode encodings)
"The Cure for iTunes withdrawal" -- New York Times
Are you tired of using multiple apps for things that your iPod could do out of the box? Download doubleTwist Player and get the best all-in-one music, podcast, radio, video & sync app. Features include:
♬ Sync music (including iTunes playlists) to your phone from your Mac/PC over USB or AirSync over WiFi.
♬ Download legal, high-quality album artwork for your music.
♬ Smart Playlists for easy access to your Top Rated and Most Played songs.
♬ Subscribe to podcasts without needing a Mac/PC and get new episodes downloaded automatically over 3G or WiFi.
♬ Stream music, videos and photos to devices such as Xbox, PS3, Sonos, and Apple TV
Play music and video media player application. Features include:
•Video playback of music files that are stored in SD Card
•Spectrum display of data
You can change the background color of the bar and the size.
When the specified gradation, it takes the color range and peak gradient bar.
•Adjusting the sound quality In Equalizer
5-band equalizer, bass boost, surround settings are available.
You can save 15 presets and custom settings.
•LED-style display in the lyrics and Title Artist Name
You can change the text color as the background magnitude.
•A-B repeat between 2 points
•Movie full screen
•Spectrum, equalizer, preview, etc, set the visibility of each block
Click on the title bar icons.
jetAudio is a music player with Wide/Reverb/X-Bass SFX and 10/20 bands EQ.
jetAudio for Windows is the highest rated and most downloaded media player on CNET.COM and, now you can listen to same high-quality sound on your Android phone using jetAudio. Features include:
* 20-bands graphic equalizer
* Display lyrics in tag (Unsynchronized lyrics)
* 2 New lock screens
* 6 New app widgets : 4x1 (#2), 4x2 (#1), 4x2 (#2), 3x3, 2x2, 2x3
* Wide, Reverb, X-Bass sound effects
* AGC (automatic gain control) to avoid volume fluctuations between tracks
* Speed control from 0.5x to 2.0x (pitch adjusted)
* Crossfading, Gap-less playback
* Browser and play music by artits, albums, songs, playlists and folders
* Balance/Volume control
* Sleep timer up to 24 hours
* Flick up to post what you're listening to on Facebook/Twitter
Simple to use folder based music player with lots of features
Simple to use music player for all those who prefer folder structure over tags. (You want your mix folder, not separated by artists, right?). Features include:
- Folder based navigation with simple folder change and auto progress to next folder
- Configurable main directory (e.g. all files below "/sdcard/music" or "/sdcard/audiobooks", individual for each player)
- Playlist support: Reads m3u, m3u8, pls, and asx; writes m3u and m3u8; allows adding files outside of main directory; easy access to playlists in main folder and subdirectories
- Ignores .nomedia (you set the directory, should be fine - right?)
- Reads ID3 tags itself (usually less buggy than Android's media library)
- Album art support: ID3 tags (jpg+png, types "other" and "front cover"), AlbumArt.jpg/png, cover.jpg/png, folder.jpg
The Ultimate Media Player for Android.
Play, manage and sync music from your Mac or PC to your Android device. Winamp for Android offers a complete music management solution (2.1 OS & above) featuring wireless desktop sync (latest Winamp Media Player required) Features include:
* Free Wireless syncing
* Now Supports syncing with Winamp for Mac (beta)
* One-click iTunes library & playlist import
* Over 50k+ SHOUTcast radio stations
* SHOUTcast Featured Stations
* Persistent player controls
* Easily collapsible/expandable Now Playing screen
* Artist news, bios, photos & discographies
* Extras Menu - Now Playing data interacts with other installed apps
* Album art gesturing for track change
* Free Music downloads with Spinner's MP3 of the Day
PlayerPro Music Player
The ultimate music player for Android.
PlayerPro Music Player is an advanced music and video player for Android 2.x+ devices. Features include:
* Browse and play your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, playlists, folders, and album artists.
* Video browser and player.
* Automatically downloads missing album artwork, artist pictures and genre illustrations.
* Manually pick your preferred album artwork, artist pictures, genre illustrations from the Internet, the Gallery app, ID3 tags, or album folder.
* Change the user interface of the Player by installing one of the 18 available SKINS, all for free.
* Customize the layout, chosing between GRID or LIST views.
* Read album and artist REVIEWS.
* Download, search and and save LYRICS to your music files using standard ID3 tags.
Welcome to ZPlayer a Windows Phone 7 / Zune themed media player. Zplayer has become a favorite of many music enthusiasts, who want more than the average music or video player on their mobile devices. It wears a Windows Phone 7 / Zune theme, and so keeps the minimalistic user interface, but incorporates more features into one application than any Android music player available! Features include:
•Music album reviews, artist biographies, artist top tracks, top songs, top albums, similar artists, similar albums, artist events*, song lyrics*, last.fm scrobbling, last.fm ‘now playing’ status updates, last.fm ‘likes’ submissions
•Video and Audio podcasts streaming and downloads, podcast searching, podcasts subscriptions, podcast resuming.
•Online radio streaming (with metadata), radio searching, radio favorites***
•Music library listening history, Automatic playlists (favorite songs, new songs), playlist creation
•ID3 Tag editing for songs and whole albums, album art editing*, ID3 tag information for songs, cross-playlist adding and removing of tracks,
•Video playback, editable ‘music videos’, and ‘movies’ directories
•Music weekly charts featuring top artists, top tracks, and track favorites of community users
•Browse the albums sections not in your library and even get the album prices, 30 seconds audio samples of tracks, and “Buy” links to the albums.
•Audio Equalizer, Bass boost, Virtualizer, Automatic EQ
Imagine music navigation like never before. We have done it!
We have always believed that music player experience can be something more. This is exactly why we have created n7player. This is a time-limited TRIAL version. Features include:
- Unique user interface, based on OpenGL, consisting of innovative, fully multi-touchable album covers wall
- Supported audio formats: mp3, mp4, m4a, ogg, wav, 3gp, mid, xmf, ogg, mkv(4.0+), flac (3.1+), aac (3.1+)
- 5 band graphic equalizer with presets – requires Android 2.3+
- Environmental effects, bass boost and sound virtualization technology (SRS/Dolby Surround) (2.3+)
- Automatic and manual album art and artist image downloader
- Tags editor for all supported audio formats
- File browser (SD card) with filters
- 1x4, 2x4 widgets
- Lockscreen widget with direct unlock
- Headset support with many options
- Sleep timer
- Lyrics support, using the embedded track lyrics & musicXmatch plugin
- Last.fm scrobbling
Play your music with scrolling lyrics
The only music player where you can get, share and talk about lyrics and music. Features include:
* Listen to any music with scrolling lyrics
* Share lyrics from your favorite songs to Facebook & Twitter
* Get lyrics instantly translated into 40+ languages
* Share Photos from your gallery.
* Free, unlimited SongID with synced lyrics
* Discover new music – songs that are being played and recommended by your friends
* Create, manage, and edit playlists
* View and edit detailed tag info for artists, albums and songs
* Supports installation to SD card. Please note that due to restrictions within the Android OS, the widget will be disabled when the app is on the SD card.
The music player from MIUI as a standalone apk, rather than a full-on ROM. Features include:
*Slick music equalizer
*Live lyrics sync (multiple languages)
*Music downloading feature
*Slick and elegant UI
*Adjust sleep mode time
*Music size filter
*Shake to change song
*And many, many more
Experience high quality music playback to blow your mind!
A sleek Music Player with powerful media engine & visual features. Experience the rich quality of sound your ears deserve! Features include:
• Multiple Skins Support. (More on the way)
• Visualizations (Live Wallpaper visualizations now
• Adjust Pitch/Tempo of Audio (Trial Mode)
• ID3 Tag Editing.
• Compatibility with Music Live wallpapers (even when equalizer and other dsp effects are enabled).
• 10 Band Equalizer (trial mode, resets randomly in free version)
• Bass & Treble Controls
• High Quality widget with album art.
• Drag & Drop play-list re-arrangements.
• Flac and other non standard format integration.
• Folder Playback.
• Swipe Gestures & Bluetooth Headset Controls.
• Album Art scanner and downloader.
A no hassle, *ad-free*, easy to use music player w/ sharing & lockscreen Features include:
- on-screen volume slider (optional)
- thumb-happy UI
- controls fade out when not in use
- hide status bar (optional)
- loop & shuffle
- playback scrubber
- large album artwork
- Equalizer (EQ), Bass Boost, Reverb, and Virtualizer (Android 2.3+)
- playback controls controls
- Camera & LED flashlight
- on-screen volume slider (optional)
- silent / vibrate toggle
- playlist count
- album artwork, track name, and artist
- play/pause, rewind, fast forward
Google Play Music
Shop music on Google Play and listen instantly using the Google Play Music app. Features include:
* Music purchases from Google Play automatically appear in the app.
* Add up to 20,000 more songs from your personal music collection on your computer for free.
* Access your entire music library instantly with the Google Play Music app, and save your favorites for offline playback.
* Share a free full play of the songs you purchase from Google Play with your friends on Google+.
* Learn more about Google Play at
* Available in the U.S. only.
Neutron Music Player
Professional audio quality with unique 32/64-bit rendering, fast and easy!
Neutron is a professional music player with high quality 32/64-bit audio rendering engine which helps to deliver to you the best possible sound quality from the Android device.
Neutron provides the sophisticated UI with advanced controls for music playback. It is not easy or another 'pop' music player, it is developed for the audiophiles and those who really in love with music. Recommended for use with Hi-Fi/High-End audio hardware.
Hope you'll like Neutron and have fun with it! Features include:
* 32/64-bit audio processing for high quality HD audio.
* Audio formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit only), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF, MPG/MPEG (audio only), AVI (audio only), iTunes/Windows Media inclusive except DRM-protected.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Surround sound DSP (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E. technology).
* Crossfeed DSP (for better stereo music listening experience with headphones).
* Rumble Filter DSP (to protect speakers from overloading with frequencies below 20 Hz).
* Normalization (post EQ re-mastering of tracks).
* Streaming audio: M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM.
* HQ 4-band parametric equalizer.
* Accurate gapless playback.
* Plus Much More
UberMusic is a beautiful and highly customizable music player for Android.
You can change the entire user interface by applying skins, which you can find on the market by searching for "UberMusic Skin". The last three screenshots here show the "Metro" skin available for free in the Market. Features include:
- Fully skinnable (search for "UberMusic Skin" on the Market).
- Automatically downloads artist pictures and sets them as the screen background for that artist.
- 6 different widget sizes. The widget is fully skinnable too.
- Free live wallpaper included that shows album art from your music collection.
- You can click on the "Play" button next to an artist, album, playlist, etc. to directly play all the corresponding tracks.
- True shuffling (as opposed to just choosing a track at random) that avoids playing the same song twice.
- Super smooth interface with custom overscrolling on lists.
- Scrobbling support through the official Last.fm app or through ScrobbleDroid/SLS.
- You can choose which tabs to show on the Library screen.
- Custom minimalistic status bar that you can still swipe down to see your notifications.
Meridian Media Player Revolute
The most functional and customizable player for your video and music in phone.
The video and music player with most customizable space.
Convenient gestures to control.
Advanced media folder settings, you can set including and excluding folders -- in ANY DEPTH. Not only one level under /sdcard now.
PlayQ rather than playlists, can handle videos, musics, and their MIXTURE. Also, you can put a folder, an artist, an album or like that into a PlayQ. Features include:
- Music tag editing (mp3, flac, ogg, mp4 audio, etc.)
- .srt subtitle support
- Song rating, can synchronize with PC in Pro version
- Play video as music, for your music videos
- Toolkit to rescan SD card, clean media database
- Folder browsing and index browsing
- Customizable tabs
One of the most successful and popular music players for Android
TTPod is one of the most successful and popular music players for Android with more than 10 million downloads worldwide. Features include:
- High quality decoding with mp3,mp4/m4a,wma,flac and ape;
- Built in graphic and customize EQ;
- High accurate lyrics and album acts downloads;
- Plenty of skins to chose from;
- Minilyrics style floating lyrics. noozy
Designed to enhance the listening experience for the on-the-go audiophile. The "noozy" features a premium audio player that lets you experience the best possible sound quality from your music library and favorite Internet radio stations.
"noozy Studio 3" is an ultimate better richer and more interactive media player for Android let you to manage your entertainment contents such Music, Videos, Podcasts and Live Broadcasts. Envy with its sleek and fluid-alike navigation, all you need to do is use your finger to Swipe Left or Right and, Tap or Hold operations.
Ported advanced audio technologies from “Noozxoide Laboratories“. The Noozxoide for Mobile “EIZO-rewire Series” to deliver the superior sound, immersive and realistic virtual surround sounds and added premium deeper bass that can merely punch a hole on the floor. So you get nothing less than exceptional sound performance, every time. Now doesn’t that sound great? Features include:
“Similar Network" online service finds you the relevant albums and genres when you are listening to an album or track. “Similar” also helps you to discover new music you never knew. Listen to the 10 seconds sample track and get album from the nearest store.
Get album reviews, artist biographies, top tracks, playlists, related artists and podcasts (audio/video) all in one place. “noozy” Server has about 1000+ 3rd-party connections world wide. This Server allows you to browse tracks by an artist in the library, read biographical information, view and buy other albums related to the artist, view artists similar to any artist based on the genre, and then view music charts information.
Build-in “noozy LIVE!” allows you to listening to more than 1000+ of your favorite genres available, add your favorite Podcasts and enjoy the superb audio experience. “noozy” is the beginning to the end of the boring media players…
“noozy” will paused and resume the track playback automatically when connecting or disconnecting the audio jack. You can also add “noozy” remote controls at your home screen.
Most of the phone or tablet doesn't come with the high end DAC and never produces premium audio. With “Noozxoide Labs” everything has changed. You get audiophile-quality sound. Every bit is amazing...
*** THIS IS UNFINISHED BETA, DON'T SEND ME ONE STAR, SEND ME ERROR REPORTS ***
Why try another music player when you've seen them all, and you use a better one anyway? Well - you haven't seen a music player like this. And believe me - mine's much bigger than yours!
Forget screenshots, watch it move! Features include:
- Gapless playback on Jelly Bean!
- Standard audio controls: bass boost, equalizer, virtualizer, etc.
- Equalizer can be calibrated via automatic room correction (WIP)
- Different sound profiles for dock/car/headphones
Media management features:
- Browse your collection faster than ever - see it on a 2D pinch-to-zoom-able matrix with customizable axii
- Were you missing AlbumArtist tag? Well - not anymore
- Picking from zoomable matrix too fancy? Choose your tracks the way geeks do it: with filesystem browser
- Browse your tracks by rating, date of listening, date of adding to library, or playcount, with neat flow-style interface
- Synchronize your music tags to MusicBrainz either automatically or by scanning barcode from your original CD (WIP)
- Automatic album art downloading
- Don't like the album art XenoAmp's fuzzy logic picked? No prob - you can always choose a better one manualy
- And Much More
Your folders is your player!
This is a totally free (NO Ads!) minimalistic but powerful alternative music player which uses folders to play music or audiobooks: MP3, WMA, OGG or FLAC files. (FLAC/WMA works *ONLY* if supported by your phone).
Navigate deep to any directory you like and play it. You can play individual files too.
Already have your music organized in folders? Folder Player gives you direct access to your library. Features include:
- integration with bluetooth headphones (and car)
- integration with last.fm (via scrobbler)
- pauses during phone calls and navigation speech
- sequential and random play
- configurable settings
- Equalizer (Android 2.3+)
EZ Folder Player
EZ Folder Player Free
Prefer using folder to manage your music files?
Always hard to find the song you want to play in Default Android Music Player?
This app is for you!
EZ Folder Player is an alternative music player based on folder structure. Features include:
* Browse to your music folder and choose which music file you want to start playing.
* You can also play a folder with all it's sub-folders by click the folder icon.
* Supports Shuffle / Repeat one / Repeat All.
* Provides 4x1 4x2 widgets.
* You can modify the initial folder in settings.
The music player you haven't heard of... yet.
Rocket Music Player was designed with both the easy and advanced listener in mind. The easy to use interface allows you to browse to the music you want to hear faster without getting bogged down in details and extra buttons. Additionally, advanced options give you an opportunity to create your own music listening experience with quick playlist editing and a dynamic equalizer. Features include:
☆ Browse and play your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, podcasts and playlists
☆ Create and edit playlists within the player
☆ 5 band graphic equalizer (Android 2.3+)
☆ iSyncr Live Lists dynamically update while playing
☆ Fade in and out when playing and stopping songs
☆ Controllable from the lockscreen
☆ Podcast bookmarking
☆ 4x1 and 4x2 widget
☆ Support for most scrobbling apps
☆ And Much More
MixZing Media Player
MixZing is simply the most advanced media player around! Features include:
▷ Music ID identifies your songs, even those without valid tags, and lets you clean up their tags and album art
▷ Displays lyrics for millions of songs
▷ Mood Player creates custom listening sessions--like Pandora for your music!
▷ Graphic equalizer for MP3, AAC/M4A and OGG files
▷ Discover great new music from independent musicians (provided by Indaba Music)
▷ Automatically saves playlists and lets you restore deleted ones
▷ Folder browser lets you access your media collection by storage folders
▷ Tag editor for most file types
▷ Discover new music with spot-on recommendations
▷ Lock-screen widget to control player while phone is locked
▷ Sleep timer
▷ Automatically downloads missing album art
▷ Home-screen widgets with album art
▷ Batch playlist editing
▷ Genre and video browsing
Xplay music player
Play your music with xplay.
"Xplay" - is a handy music player for android with an equalizer visualization, management of your playlists and music library. Features include:
- Browse your music library and playlists upravelnie (delete, edit, create).
- Playing in folders.
- Gorgeous design.
- Evalayzer with the ability to save presets, create and edit presets.
- Effects Bass bust, virtualizer
- Ability to edit the tags.
- Two lock screen widget widget and four desktop.
- Six types of visualization.
- Many options allow the player to tune for themselves for every taste.
- Operation with headsets (three-button single-button, and).
- Rating system.
- Control the volume using the buttons.
HikiPlayer is a lightweight folder based music player. Features include:
-Local lyrics search by tag
-Customizable text, background, icon color
-Customizable font, icon, seekbar size
-Auto-color mode (set colors based on album art image)
-СUE sheet support (if your device supports FLAC, APE etc.)
-Embedded and external album art (cover.jpg, front.jpg etc.)
-Video playback (codecs supported by device)
-Supports subtitles (.srt)
-Supports headset buttons
-Decrease the volume on phone call
-Home screen widget
Clean Music Player
simple, fast, and elegant audio player
Clean Music is a simple, fast, and elegant folder player. You browse to the directory and tap it; no scrolling through the large portfolio of the great Renaissance man Unknown, no scanning your folder every start up, and no CD or folder icon, tiled over and over again to meaninglessness. Features include:
• Tap a single song to play it and the rest of the songs in its directory.
• Long-press a song or directory to play individual songs, entire directory trees, or a combination of both.
• Long-press to organize your directory structure, too.
• Use MetaSort if your file names don't have track numbers in them.
• Hit repeat if you don't want it to stop when it's done playing your directory, tree, or individual song.
• Integrates with the equalizers in Cyanogenmod Stable and Android ICS.
☆ Clean Music is ad free!
• Despite the name, Clean Music will play any audio file supported by your phone, even if it's not actually music. Remember Position is particularly nice for audiobooks.
Ever since it was released, I have been trying to use Google Music to synchronize and manage my music collection, in addition to the third party DoubleTwist player for local music. However, the setup isn’t ideal, and I am still on the lookout for a better way to play and manage music on my Android device. As such, when the Apollo application showed up preinstalled on a recent nightly build of my current daily ROM CyanogenMod, I decided to give the new music player a try and see how well it worked.
When I first opened the app, it became clear that Apollo is all about simplicity. There are only two main parts of the app: the music navigation screen and now playing screen. The music navigation screen itself has three main parts: a top navigation panel, main content display in the middle, and the now playing bar at the bottom. The top navigation bar contains the different tabs that you swipe left or right to navigate through, including “Recent,” “Artists,” “Albums,” “Songs,” “Playlists,” and “Genres.” Sensibly enough, the content display panel in the middle contains a list of the content in whatever tab you select, with the “Artists” and “Albums” tab sprucing things up a bit with almost Metro-like displays of album artwork. At the bottom of the screen, the now playing tab shows you what song is currently playing with the option to favorite it, as well as the search and menu buttons.
Moving on to the now playing screen, the simplicity and clean style of Apollo are still evident. The favorite, search, and menu buttons on the top and standard music buttons like play and shuffle on the bottom flank a large album art display. While this might not be the best setup for showing information about the song or detailed settings, it does look very clean and simple, and the basic controls you will need are all there. Also, at least in CyanogenMod Apollo also supports a notification bar widget with music controls as well as a lockscreen widget with controls by default, something most other unofficial music players don’t.
However, it seems that Apollo may have carried their policy of simplicity in the interface a bit too far, as Apollo has a fairly basic list of extra features. In addition to the most basic music playing duties, Apollo will also scrobble and favorite tracks for Last.fm, plug into the stock CyanogenMod EQ/DSP Manager app and Android share menu, and work with a few themes. This means that the settings menu currently only houses an options to change themes, and users running Apollo without DSP Manager installed might be out of luck in terms of EQ.
Sensor music player
Intuitive music player, using fun, useful and innovative controls.
Powered by exclusive algorythms, this full-featured player allows you to skip songs without using your screen. Features include:
Walking, dining, driving, partying : there is a sensor mode for each situations !
5 easy-to-access modes are available :
- Wave over : Wave your hand in front of your device (5cm max) to play/skip current song. Wave twice quickly to go back to previous track. Hold it 0.5s to pause. The proximity sensor we use is generally located around the device front speaker.
- Pocket : Lock the device, put in your pocket, slap it to skip current track.
- Hammer : Put the device on a surface like a table, hit the table to skip current song. WARNING: using the device loudspeaker can produce enough vibration to fire the action ! (you can adjust sensitivity if needed)
- Custom : In case you feel the need to use different sensor settings. Set wich sensors you want to enable, set sensitivty and your own action for each sensor events !
- Sensors disabled : Sensors are disabled, you can only use buttons to control the player.
Additional features :
- on-the-go drag'n drop playlist
- library browsing by artist, genre, folders...
- equalizer, Bass Boost, Virtualizer (android > 2.3)
- smart search bar
- home screen widget
The versatility of Kiwi Player Playing music is an application that can be used. In addition to basic music player features a detailed equalizer, using an acceleration sensor is easy to play with Next Track. Is adjustable through the menu. Producer: Kim, Keum-Tae and Lee, Sang-Hyeok
Gingerbread will be more ^ ^
First runs directly from the open market rather than by pressing the Run After returning Market please ^ ^
jukefox - a smart music player
Most unique music player for android - try it an see the difference!
jukefox (beta), formerly known as museek, is a music player for large collections (>20 albums). It knows about music similarity, and allows new ways to interact with your music collection. Jukefox provides a rich set of functions, including: Features include:
* map of your albums in 2D and 3D
* smart shuffling mode that automatically detects your mood
* auto generated tag clouds to select precisely the style of music you want to hear
* automatically downloads album covers
* gapless playback
* scrobbles to last.fm
* shake skip
Smart Music Player
Smart Music Player is more than a simple app: It can learn what songs you prefer
Smp is more than a simple music application: It can learn what songs you prefer! Features include:
- drag and drop for add/move songs
- smart playlists
- shake actions
- notification/gesture control
- auto-download album art
- queue, twitter
- folder playlist
Iconic Music Player
This music player does not try to be the most beautiful ( yet ), but does try to be the most usable.
Please email me if you have any feature requests or bugs.
Please note that this is still a beta version so do expect lots of improvements and new features in the coming weeks and months.
nice post Nick
PowerAmp was the first app to make me link my bank account to Google Play and im still really happy with it
noticed i hasnt had an update in ages.. dont know if thats a good or bad thing lol
p.s, could you ask people in your OP not to quote it when they reply lol?
its a really long post and if everyone quotes it, its gona be a nightmare to navigate the thread lol :beer:
global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
PowerAmp mate, bought it a few phones ago after the 14day trial.
i love how it handles my way of organising music (in folders i make) and the EQ is amazing with pre-amp gain to add some volume when you need it.
im also addicted to tapping its Facebook Share widget to tell the world what im listening to lol (theres also a twitter share widget)
p.s, to anyone trying to find a cracked (free) version of the poweramp unlock key... dont waste your time lol i tried and tried
Player Pro on the other hand.....
global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
Good review of most popular players!
I use Astro Player for audiobooks and podcasts. It's the best for it.
But for music there is also CityGlo which is nice in UI. As for the EQ. I don't use it, because almost all my music is different in genres, so it is useless to use EQ.
Wow, wasn't aware there was this many!
Well done, good descriptions. I found neutron! Somehow with all these choices I found it. Was a power amp user. Now I'm in heaven, close to vinyl I ever heard and no tweaking. Just as is, well went 64 bit and cross fade for headphones I guess a few little things but didn't need to play with equalizer to get to heaven.
I guess I'm loving it so much actually, hope you all get a chance to try it. I'm using galaxy s3