- 1 Posts
Using S3 as a USB-stick?
Okey, here's what I want to do: If I have a movie file on my S3 I want to be able to plug in my S3 into a media player (it's a box that you can plug in external hdds, usb-sticks or memory cards to, connected to the TV via HDMI) and watch it on my TV. My media player supports most USB-sticks, external harddrives and memory cards. But when I plug in my S3 via USB it the media player won't read it.
Do anyone know if there's an app that makes what I want to do possible? Is it possible if you root the phone (do say "root", I've never done it)?
Thanks in advance!
- 10-23-2012, 05:40 AM #2
- 10-23-2012, 06:45 AM #3
- 3 Posts
Re: Using S3 as a USB-stick?
I had the same situation - what i found is the following solution - make my external sdcard recognized :
# root your phone
# install SGS3 Easy UMS ( this is free and found on the XDA to download) , in the market there is only a tank you app ( so go to XDA and wonload the apk from there)
# enable unknown sources form the phone settings
# install the apk
# switch to UMS mode and your extrenal card will be recognized
Remeber this is only for your extsdcard to be recognized..the internal memory is not available.
But since is not that hard to move the stuff you want on the extsdcard..
Hope it will help you.
- 10-23-2012, 06:46 AM #4
- By griggrgig in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM
- By MattSchollz in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 07-01-2012, 05:21 PM
- By corinthians in forum ASUS EeePad TransformerReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2011, 09:25 PM
- By jpattersonlee in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 11Last Post: 04-18-2011, 09:44 PM
- By nursescott in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 11-11-2009, 07:19 AM