SG3: email screen has a low brightness after upgrade to Jelly Bean

jgatorego

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

After upgrading my SG3 to Jelly Bean, when I enter into the email screen, the screen brightness is significantly reduced (and goes back to previous, brighter, level when I exit the screen). It is very uncomfortable. I have not found any setting to change this.

Has anyone experienced the same? Is there anyone who can help to fix it?

Thanks!

wisshay

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I think when the SG3 power saving mode is on it effects several apps including the mail app where it appears less brighter, try to turn power saving mode off and check ur mail.

cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got the same problem but as others have said switching power save off seems to work it would be nice to find a work around for power saver mode tho.

Sent from the back room

Stan Gosnell

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Open Settings, Power Saving Mode, and uncheck the box for Background Color. Power saving is still in effect except for dimming the screen in internet apps.

jose toro

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes i experienced the same thing, when power saving is turned off, the problem of email brightness is solved. i was very uncomfortable with it also, many many thanks.
brgds!!!

duff24

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
None of this has helped me. When I change the brightness in the browser, it also changes the brightness for the whole phone! I haven't seen a good solution yet!

Michael Poirot

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I've the same problem with both stock internet and stock email on my S2. It was perplexing. Turn brightness up, then the whole phone's brightness goes up even more.

Stan's solution worked for me while still keeping the rest of my power saving options turned on. Give it a go, Duff.

Stan said: "Open Settings, Power Saving Mode, and uncheck the box for Background Color. Power saving is still in effect except for dimming the screen in internet apps."

M:)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance