Device not supported by Kies update

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I have just updated Kies and for the first time I am seeing this error. My phone is due a Jellybean update today (Vodafone UK) and is not currently rooted. Has anyone else seen this on Vodafone or not?

kies error.PNG

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Kies is a wanker mate lol.
no OTA yet?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
that is true it is lol,

No been checking all day but nothing but they do roll it out in "stages" basically if you live in London you get the update before anyone else.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah thats the way it goes man. think yourself lucky youre gettin it already lol the unlocked s3 still hasnt got it in UK! how does that work lol???

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea lol, although you should check as my mate who has an unlocked and rooted S3 has just got the update, thinking I just may sod it and download CM10

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah im tryin to keep this my 1st virgin android lol.. shouldnt have to root a top of the range phone but samsung are pissin me off.
this is ma 1st and probably last sammy :)

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean, depending on cost and specs this S3 may find itself on eBay after the LG nexus launch.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This is starting to bug me. I'm getting this same message on Kies. I did the last update fine using Kies but since then it says i9300 not suppoted for update. I've tried a fresh install and everything. To make matters worse my S3 is on Orange and has no OTA update options in tbe menus so how the f**k do I update to Jellybean without getting a custom rom which I don't want to do?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This is starting to bug me. I'm getting this same message on Kies. I did the last update fine using Kies but since then it says i9300 not suppoted for update. I've tried a fresh install and everything. To make matters worse my S3 is on Orange and has no OTA update options in tbe menus so how the f**k do I update to Jellybean without getting a custom rom which I don't want to do?

ouch man. i didnt know orange removed the OTA option.
does anyone know if Odin works without root for official updates?
after updating Kies to 2.5 tonight, all the options to back up my phone are greyed out.... terrible programming..

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Well I know odin works for the polish jellybean so see no reason why the UK one won't work, if you find the file let me know.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ive never even used odin lol.. was tempted to use the polish update but think ill just wait for the official uk one.
the dude on Orange could maybe find the orange update though and just install it without rooting?

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that will work fine, if you use it to install a official release it does not root the phone. If I can find a UK release on the net tomorrow i will give it a try. I did use the Polish one for awhile and all seemed well to start with but after a week it seemed really slow and buggy. Not sure why but just went back to ICS, hopefully that isn't a sign of things to come.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think that's gonna be my only option. A bit of a pain but better than nothing. I now hate Kies with a passion.

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Update!

Still no jellybean via ota and error message still appearing so did it via Odin and it works perfectly.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
is it easy through Odin mate?
im usin Kies justnow and its taking forever. if it doesnt work il try kies...
where did you find the UK update file btw m8? does Odin find it for u?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks mate. just got it from Kies finally lol.
started a thread here, JB tips and ticks if you have anything to add mate :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star