Native HD live wallpaper for Galaxy S3

pippilongs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I'm from Carla Animation Studios. We just published our native HD live wallpaper specifically developed for S3 and Nexus 7 users. As we are rather new in this field I am looking for feedback, both content-wise and tech-wise. We used an openGL2.0ES animation engine to make the wallpaper resource-smart. We did in-house testing which went through successfully.
It can be downloaded from here (for free):
Google Play Link

Thanks for any input in advance!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a SGS3 just yet but a friend and my cousin do, so I will let them know and whatever input I get from them I will let you know.

Sent from my MB855 (Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of lying bastards and deserve to go to hell!) using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
you havent included a hyperlink mate :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just tried it.
im a very honest person so i hope you respect my views?

35mb! why?
i watched it for a minute and all that moved was a shadow of a lil girl flashing in the background.
on a plus side it would make a very well drawn still wallpaper but to tout it as a LWP and for it to be SO heavy with no settings..... sorry but its going nowhere. i didnt bother testing CPU use.
sorry if i sound harsh but im being honest :)
good luck with future projects :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

pippilongs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi Funkylogik, thanks for testing and the honest feedback, that's what I like!

We are going to make an update soon and have default random animations of the pumpkins. Right now their animation starts on tap only and we think it's more fun to have the wallpaper animated by default as well (in addition to on tap animation).

The size is so large because of native HD render quality. Most other wallpapers say they are HD but the quality of their images is much lower. It's something we are testing. We are also planning to have more options and more 'fun' features and settings (these will be for next year).

Great feedback, thanks for taking the time!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ahh i hadnt realised it was interactive lol i didnt touch it... im really sorry... ill change my review lol :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hehe its actualy very well made once you play with it :)
well done, i updated my review lol :)