Missing boot animation on Galaxy s iii

shadic65

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi I just got my jelly bean on my galaxy s iii, and when i powered it down, and turned it back on the samsung logo that used to appear on the screen was not there. I can here the jingle but can see the logo. Did anyone else have this problem? Thanks

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
what was your animation?
mines always been like a dark blue swirl that i still get with JB :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
did you put official JB on it?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right mine hasnt changed man. i reboot like 1ce a week though lol. wouldnt worry :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
why do you want to resolve it lol?
does everything else work fine?

ramfetouh

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Missing boot animation on Galaxy S3

I also have the same problem. boot animation has vanished after updating my s3 to jelly bean OTA. I still hear the sound on booting but the screen is black instead of displaying the dark blue swirl

waiwingtaialbert

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem. There is sound but no animation. Rather annoying. Any advice would be much appreciated. My phone is not rooted.

ahmedmahdy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I was almost the first one to get official OTA JB update on my Galaxy S3 in Egypt, after update, I got the same issue, the Swirl logo disappeared, just a blank screen while booting device. I just resolved it via Kies >> Tools >> Firmware Upgrade and Initialization, had to download over 1 GB of firmware, replaced existing one without losing any bit from the device and all works fine! :D

waiwingtaialbert

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

This is like doing a factory reset? Did you lose all your settings, data, contacts, apps etc? Mine is not backed up on Kies yet.

ahmedmahdy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

This is like doing a factory reset? Did you lose all your settings, data, contacts, apps etc? Mine is not backed up on Kies yet.
Didn't lose any bit and didn't need to make backup, but if you feel risk, please do full backup :)

Factory reset in case of a system bug will wipe all data and keep the bug :D

waiwingtaialbert

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Darn. My Kies suddenly decided to stop working. So I can't even try this. Any other solutions other than rooting (which is way too complex for noobs like me) will be much welcomed... Some help please.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Darn. My Kies suddenly decided to stop working. So I can't even try this. Any other solutions other than rooting (which is way too complex for noobs like me) will be much welcomed... Some help please.

try reinstalling kies then rebooting the pc mate

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I was almost the first one to get official OTA JB update on my Galaxy S3 in Egypt, after update, I got the same issue, the Swirl logo disappeared, just a blank screen while booting device. I just resolved it via Kies >> Tools >> Firmware Upgrade and Initialization, had to download over 1 GB of firmware, replaced existing one without losing any bit from the device and all works fine! :D

does this also "clean up" the phone and get rid of useless old artifacts that could be slowing the phone down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC