Help! My weather widget is missing!

simtw1104

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone here could help me, my touchwiz weather widget has disappeared. I cleared data for it in the applications part of settings and now it has gone. Any help on how to reinstall the widget would be most appreciated,

Cheers
Simtw1104

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
did you press "disable"?
maybe by mistake?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

simtw1104

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorted it. I reset the apps prefs. Thanks for the reply though. Maybe I did disable it by mistake.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

simtw1104

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm thought I had success. Weather daemon, weather widget and weather widget main are showing in apps list, but still no widget showing in the widgets tray. Any ideas?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hmm thought I had success. Weather daemon, weather widget and weather widget main are showing in apps list, but still no widget showing in the widgets tray. Any ideas?

in app manager, tap ALL at the top, scroll right down to the bottom and see if its there with the word "disabled" beside it, tap it and "enable"
good luck :)

..if thats not it then im stuck but theres loads of nice widgets around :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

simtw1104

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't disabled, but I force closed the daemon and hey presto the widget was back. Must have just thrown a wobbly lol. Thanks for your suggestions.
Bizarrely enough that's what caused it to disappear!

tan_angelo

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am having the same problem as with others about weather widget disappearing (Accuweather in my Galaxy S3) after reboot. Actually it's not just my weather widget, but any other widgets I place in the home screen. If I put it in other screen, they don't disappear.

From previous suggestions, I read that I should put the widget in phone memory and not on SD Card memory. When I checked it in the Application Manager option under Settings, the widget has the option "Move to SD Card". However, it is grayed out and I cannot choose it. Moreover, I don't remember moving any of my widgets to SD Card memory, nor disabling them.

Please help, this is really annoying me as I need to always put them back in my home screen every time I reboot my phone; whereas, I did not encounter any such problem before. Can't even remember where these all problems began. :(

Thanks in advance.

kahlolsen

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I had this on a few devices, all Kitkat and it was due to moving the App (Transparent Clock and Weather) to SD Card, move it back to Internal Storage and Clear Cache and all were fine.

pnibur

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
It wasn't disabled, but I force closed the daemon and hey presto the widget was back. Must have just thrown a wobbly lol. Thanks for your suggestions.
Bizarrely enough that's what caused it to disappear!

Worked for me just like you said - thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888