Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Charging sound after charged.

I'm having this exact issue also on my Note 2. Haven't done much to try to figure out a solution or workaround yet, but it's starting to become irritating.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

My phone back off to the repair center tomorrow. Was going to post today but going to send all paperwork eg email I sent to Samsung with it.

Tried everything possible and nothing fixing it.

Will let you know what it said when I get the phone back in about 10 days time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Plz do mate.... it MUST be a 3rd party app or dodgy harware, if both are replaced and it still happens then my trust of logic will die with your faith in samsung

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Last edited by funkylogik; 12-03-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by ericperson View Post
    I'm having this exact issue also on my Note 2. Haven't done much to try to figure out a solution or workaround yet, but it's starting to become irritating.
    I am also having an issue with my Note 2. wrong forum but basically the same phone just bigger. Already replaced one phone because it wouldnt charge at all, then last night my phone made the noise and i looked at battery stats and it said it had only been off the charger for not even a second, Not sure what caused it but first time its happened to my knowledge, maybe the phone doesnt like to be plugged in while fully charged so long? maybe a power surge? Not sure
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by jjt981 View Post
    I am also having an issue with my Note 2. wrong forum but basically the same phone just bigger. Already replaced one phone because it wouldnt charge at all, then last night my phone made the noise and i looked at battery stats and it said it had only been off the charger for not even a second, Not sure what caused it but first time its happened to my knowledge, maybe the phone doesnt like to be plugged in while fully charged so long? maybe a power surge? Not sure
    This can not be the reason as i have said me and my wife both have the s3 both on charge same time on same 4 way adapter and only my phone does it. It have to be hardware or a app playing silly buggers but we have the same apps almost. I still find it hard to believe it is a app doing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by wrightyukgorl View Post
    This can not be the reason as i have said me and my wife both have the s3 both on charge same time on same 4 way adapter and only my phone does it. It have to be hardware or a app playing silly buggers but we have the same apps almost. I still find it hard to believe it is a app doing it though.
    Hmm strange then, I guess if my phone is continuing to be fully charged when i wake up then i dont mind, the sound is annoying though

I switched out my charger and cable for the one that came in the AT&T box with my Note 2 and haven't had the issue since. Not sure if that's just a coincidence, but at least the noise has stopped.
    funkylogik likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

I switched out my charger and cable for the one that came in the AT&T box with my Note 2 and haven't had the issue since. Not sure if that's just a coincidence, but at least the noise has stopped.
    Pleased you solved your issues bud,

Still waiting to get my phone back from samsung
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Pleased you solved your issues bud,

Still waiting to get my phone back from samsung
    Probably a charger or more likely the charging port but with poltergeists added bro good luck :thumbup:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Well another update, Got phone back today again with the same letter no fault found ??????????????????????????

So not installed anything on it this time and see what happen.

Also rang samsung and the escalated it and gonna ring me back.

Be interesting to see if it does it again though, And also to see what samung have to say in next couple days
    funkylogik likes this.

Well another update, Got phone back today again with the same letter no fault found ??????????????????????????

So not installed anything on it this time and see what happen.

Also rang samsung and the escalated it and gonna ring me back.

Be interesting to see if it does it again though, And also to see what samung have to say in next couple days
    I have had a few issues with Samsung charging ports going bad and just not working, I am curriouse that because they cant find anything wrong that maybe its a touchwiz with jelly bean issue on some phones. Really, they cant release those wireless charging back covers fast enough so i can stop relaying on the micro usb. Keep us informed.

Mine did it once then didnt for a week then did it again last night, not yet concerned about it just annoying

You are NOT alone.

I have the exact same problem, my phone wants me to get up way to early in the morning, it's now charging in another room, I want my iPhone back please :o)

This S3 is under 1 month old, and it's not the USB mini plug, and it's not dust, I think i came with the 4.1.2 firmware sorry to say... (samsung please get this issue fixed)
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Lol mine has started doing it intermitantly :banghead:
    Just since 4.1.2......

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    HMR

My brand new S3 (19305N) is doing the same when being connected to a charger. It's silent until it reaches 100% charge, then it makes the annoying sound and reads "Charged".

After about 5 minutes it makes the sound again and reads "Charging" for about 5 minutes and then sound and reads "charged", etc, etc.

I'ts obvious that it is switching charging on/off which is perfectly normal but the problem is the sound. It's also obvious that this is a software bug.

Conclusion: You can't charge a Galaxy S3 over night.
    Thanked by:
    Faultymango likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by HMR View Post
    My brand new S3 (19305N) is doing the same when being connected to a charger. It's silent until it reaches 100% charge, then it makes the annoying sound and reads "Charged".

After about 5 minutes it makes the sound again and reads "Charging" for about 5 minutes and then sound and reads "charged", etc, etc.

I'ts obvious that it is switching charging on/off which is perfectly normal but the problem is the sound. It's also obvious that this is a software bug.

Conclusion: You can't charge a Galaxy S3 over night.
    Turn down notification sound... actualy try system sound..... at night man but mine doesnt do that (well it does but only once and through an app but not stock)
    Set default notification to silent in the tone list and set notifications within the apps u want them

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Having the same problem here. I'm worried that this will reduce the lifetime of the battery

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Im actualy having same problem now but its due to my samsung charger being worn out.

Dont worry dude above, it wont break your battery no matter what the cause is

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Same problem here, but of all the problems I have with that brick, this is just the most minor one ...

Any update on this?

My wife has an SGH-T999 S3 as well, which worked perfectly on ICS. However, once she was updated to Jelly Bean, her battery won't fully charge (randomly acts like it was unplugged and plugged back in), and it's draining FAST. I have an S3 with another carrier and haven't had any issues since upgrading to JB.

The phone says the display is taking up most of the power, followed by Media. I've disabled all of the bloatware and it seems to be doing better. I've already done a factory restart which didn't help at all.

I haven't ruled out a problem with the SD card, but there wasn't an issue before the upgrade, so it doesn't seem like that would be the problem (I've pulled the SD card out and it didn't help).

Did you ever gets yours working?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

No update no.

Samsung are useless they are still saying there is no fault.

BUT after my last update it seems much better it now only does it may be one a week so I am still convinced it is a software bug.

I also now use a app to auto silence my phone at night so even if it does do it. It don't matter.

This will just have to do until my next upgrade, Samsung have lost 2 customers though :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

After the update from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 it seems to be a bit better. Before it was regularily ringing the bee-bop tune, now it only seems to do it now and then.
    My working theory: I think it is some notification that the battery is fully charged. When there is an app starting at night in the background and is draining the battery, then maybe afterwards, the battery is down to say 99% or 98% and is being charged again. When done, that "battery is full" ringtone is coming again.

I've been having the same problem with my S3 too. It sucks and it really wrecks what might have been a good night sleep.

I found a work around solution that you may appreciate. There is an app called "Sound Manager" it is free and you can schedule the phone to disable system sounds during time periods. I have it so after 10pm and before 6am all notification sounds are off. It got rid of the beeping.

Please not that I am no way affiliated with the development of the app I recommended in this post.

Have a good night sleep guys & gals...
    Last edited by bradpatten; 02-20-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: typo

I have some problem in both my Note 2 LTE and S3 Lte. For Note2, it suddenly OK after a month time. Seems it's Ok after I had done a full discharge by using certain app. But for the new bought S3 LTE, problem continue exist these days.

Hi

Had the same problem with my new Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. It did wake me upp in the middle of the night with a sound when the battery was fully charged.
    After a lot of search I found an app called "Battery Full Notification" and there you can untick the "Notify On Full Charge" and then you can sleeeeeeep.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12