Charging sound after charged.

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

The other day I plug my charger in, It made the ping sound that it make and started to charge. I leave my phone on charge over night, any how about 6 hours later while I was asleep it made the ping sound again like as if the charger had been unplugged and then plugged back in. At the time I though nothing off it.

Last night however I was woke up by my phone doing it again so I picked my phone up and went into the battery under setting and realised that time on battery had even been reset to 0.

I have had a long google and can only find 1 other post with someone having this issue but there is not answers to it.

Have any one's phone did this or know how to cure it as I am + there is nothing wrong with the charging socket and nothing wrong with the charger, have tried 2 chargers.

I am running jellybean if that help.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im not sure what you mean mate. does it make the noise when fully charged.

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how else to explain mate other than first post. It make ping sound when plug in charger than a few hours later it like the cable have been unplugged and plugged back in and it ping again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right. think i understand but have no idea why its happening.
try blowing into the usb port (worth a try) :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Done a factory reset today as it bugging the hell out of me. If this don't work will have to get in touch with Samsung as tried everything else.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
could it be a loose usb socket so the jack is disconecting then reconecting and makin the noise.
or does the noise even happen with charger unplugged?

pobs123

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

The other day I plug my charger in, It made the ping sound that it make and started to charge. I leave my phone on charge over night, any how about 6 hours later while I was asleep it made the ping sound again like as if the charger had been unplugged and then plugged back in. At the time I though nothing off it.

Last night however I was woke up by my phone doing it again so I picked my phone up and went into the battery under setting and realised that time on battery had even been reset to 0.

I have had a long google and can only find 1 other post with someone having this issue but there is not answers to it.

Have any one's phone did this or know how to cure it as I am + there is nothing wrong with the charging socket and nothing wrong with the charger, have tried 2 chargers.

I am running jellybean if that help.

Do you mean the the current battery is at near 0% charge (battery dead) ? Or the battery usage shows all 0s ? My guess is that you meant the later.

I have a SGH-T999, but I assume it is common to all Galaxy S3 phones, that the phone does beep once when the phone is at 100% charge, and a notification to unplug the charger is displayed. When the phone is 100% charged, I would expect the battery usage to be 0 used

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well after the factory reset it did not do it last night all was silent lol.

So will just keep a eye on it for a few days

Dean Rodrigues

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I think I was the other person with the same problem and posted it on another forum. I haven't been able to find anyone else with the same problem either, until now. I had it happen to me last night again. When it first started it was happening 2 - 3 times a night. The only thing I could think of was the fact I was using a generic micro USB charger which came with my Telstra wifi dongle. I changed it to the original Samsung charger and didn't happen again for a few days until last night which I had a dock that I got from eBay and the Samsung charger plugged into that. I have no idea what's going on and I wouldn't think there is any difference between micro usb chargers? Let me know how you go.

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I think I was the other person with the same problem and posted it on another forum. I haven't been able to find anyone else with the same problem either, until now. I had it happen to me last night again. When it first started it was happening 2 - 3 times a night. The only thing I could think of was the fact I was using a generic micro USB charger which came with my Telstra wifi dongle. I changed it to the original Samsung charger and didn't happen again for a few days until last night which I had a dock that I got from eBay and the Samsung charger plugged into that. I have no idea what's going on and I wouldn't think there is any difference between micro usb chargers? Let me know how you go.

Can not be official prob for me as only use official s3 and a official s2 charger both have done same thing. I am convinced it was the jelly bean update for me as started same day. Ornday after can not remember now.

Gonna keep a eye on it though now in have done a factory reset.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
is it the wee "doo dee" noise?

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
is it the wee "doo dee" noise?

It the ping pong sound when you plug in the charger. As said though I 99% sure the factory reset might have solved it as I am sure it is software not hardware

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well did it again last night, was ok for about a week after the factory reset.

Thinking it must be hardware related.

I have just sent Samsung another email to see what they gave to say will post once I get a reply.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Well did it again last night, was ok for about a week after the factory reset.

Thinking it must be hardware related.

I have just sent Samsung another email to see what they gave to say will post once I get a reply.

must be so annoying man.
does sound like it could be hardware (something in the usb port must make it think usb is bein plugged in or something.
good luck man :thumbup:

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
With that and the gpsd battery drain I been having it been driving me up the wall.

It time for Samsung to sort it now though as really had enough.

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Just curios but did you have the eBay app installed and signed into it?

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
To keep some you up to date got phone back from Samsung today with them saying there is no fault.

So rather gutted now as I just know it will happen again in a few days so once again all I can do is leave it and see what happen

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
To keep some you up to date got phone back from Samsung today with them saying there is no fault.

So rather gutted now as I just know it will happen again in a few days so once again all I can do is leave it and see what happen

Should be fine bro :beer:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

wrightyukgorl

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well really don't know what to do now. Don't d it again last night and woke me up 3 times Samsung is saying there is no fault now what to do :-(?

EDIT

Managed to video what is happening talk about lucky, I have uploaded a really poor video onto youtube but it does show the issue i am having

Galaxy S3 Charging Issue - YouTube

Those that are interested enjoy :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey