Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Jelly bean ultra slow!

I don't think it's Google fault, I think it's Samsung's, HTC one x is a lot faster and has a vast improvement, the nexus' isn't slow so I think Samsung need to improve this. I found out something thou, I know benchmarks don't mean much but on 4.1.1 quadrant standard gets around 5000-5300 and I've seen a video of 4.1.2 and now it's gone up to around 5800-6000 so I think Samsung may have sorted out bugs and fixed performance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Yup..it got slow

JB 4.1 was slower than 4.0 on quadrant
    now 4.1.2 scores higher on quadrant around 5700 - 6014 on my s3

s3 quad 1.4 JB 4.1.2

It's times like these I wish the international model had 2 less processing cores and that extra 1gb of RAM you guys in the US got.

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts

Glad to find this thread as a new Android GS3 user, I wondered why I had the same issues as above. I can live with it knowing there should be a fix at some point with a Jelly Bean update.

I personally prefer having more processor power.. However, the extra RAM is also needed... The I-9305T fixes that but its expensive..
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

JB 4.1.2 at stock speed, stock firmware
    Jelly bean ultra slow!-uploadfromtaptalk1356903213976.jpg

Trust me, 4.1.2 is the REAL JB!

And to everyone worrying about ram. I forgot to clear it before testing

The s3 LIKES to be worked. Thats the fastest stock speed ive had.
    This is it at 1.7ghz still with 100mb free ram

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    kurosenpai likes this.

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts

I have no update avail yet for 4.1.2

I have the update but my s3 doesn't feel any different since the last jb update.

Hi people....well I got my S3 rather late that it came with the 4.1.1 already installed. Here I was trying to show my friends how cool the phone was....and to my and everyone's dismay, opening the messages, contacts and sometimes any app took ages....a long lasting black screen was something I never expected from a phone this powerful. I hope someone is actually reading this and gonna fix the bug soon!!

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Talking Re: Jelly bean ultra slow!

I had EXACTLY the same issue-- I LOVE the phone though. Contacts and texting drove me nuts though! The only change I made is to get the "Contacts+" app from the Play store. It takes over texting, contacts and dialing, AND then does it much faster than the Samsung overlay. You can still go back to the Samsung interface and everything will be there. I was shocked how fast the 3rd party dialer was!

Contacts+ is the best one for free

@ funkylogik - my phone gets slow which i open my contacts or phone log, how can i improve it...?? any idea?

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Mir Rafay Ghyur View Post
    @ funkylogik - my phone gets slow which i open my contacts or phone log, how can i improve it...?? any idea?
    Do u have a lot of contacts mate?
    Mine is very slow too but i just use Google Now to search a contact.
    Maybn someone can suggest a realy light contacts/dialer app?
    Maybe u have lots of duplicate contacts?
    I do n its a PIA gettin rid of them lol.
    I use Go Contacts which is really slow to load but very pretty. Think that has an option to merge duplicates.
    I think its down to how many contacts you have though and how much info u have for each contact

GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Really? Having a lot of contacts makes the app load really slow? Surely not. If that is the case then there is something wrong. I find it hard to come to terms with a phone that cant do the basic things like a phone can do. Like load up contacts properly. I don't like the way Samsung makes your contacts duplicate when sync your accounts.

I did exactly that. Factory reset and reload of my apps, data etc. Once i had MANUALLY reset all my email, VoIP and online accounts. Jelly Bean was still slower than ICS with the same apps..

This is all a conspiracy people. They do this on purpose, slow down your phone with stupid updates, so that you will think about saving up for your new Android phone, like lets see an s4.

Angry Re: Jelly bean ultra slow!

hi try to upgrade to jelly yesterday morning but still my phone is not opening just the letter samsung on the screen frashing.its now a whole day pass please help

Upgraded to jellybean and did a factory reset but still have very slow respnse time opening the contact, phone and message apps. Im not rooted and don't have the know how so I'd prefer not to attempt anything like that.
    Any advice on what I can do to make the phone fastef again? I'm on a South African carrier if that makes any difference.

I have this slow issue since the first I got the phone. And then the updates just made it slower and slower. I don't understand why people would recommend to use galaxy s3. it's performance is rubbish compare to iPhone 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by LovingJesusChrist View Post
    I have this slow issue since the first I got the phone. And then the updates just made it slower and slower. I don't understand why people would recommend to use galaxy s3. it's performance is rubbish compare to iPhone 4s.
    i kinda 100% agree. I had gotten the S3 when it first came out (Int'l version i9300) and was blown away by its performance but felt the screen was just a little too small so i returned it and waited for the Note 2. Well after THIS Goldilocks used THAT phone, found it was too big so i returned THAT and went back to my Infuse to wait for the right "1920x1080" screen on a smaller form factor which Samsung has delivered in the S4. But, i couldn't wait any longer so a week ago i picked up the s3 i9300 (Sapphire Black) Int'l Version and it came pre-installed with JB and the fix for the "sudden death" issue was included in that firmware pre installed.

Well i am COMPLETELY disappointed with its performance on Jellybean. For one, the tiny bit of RAM available when running NO APS is quite disturbing, the stuttering, the lag, the load times and reloading screens are driving me crazy(ier). And it takes as long to open camera as Infuse does, the ONE main reason i upgraded was because i was missing GREAT action shots of my cats...lol

And i can't roll back to 4.0 because if i do, then my phone is susceptible to sudden death issues, as i have the UBELL1 version.

I am NOT believing this is the same exact phone that i used for a week on 9 months ago, this jerky, stuttering, laggy user experience is similar to my beloved 2 year old Infuse that i gave up last week to use THIS phone.

.Normally i would be like, "oh u just got a bad one," but hundreds of posts like the above i have read assure me that's not the case....

This is the FIRST unsatisfactory experience i have ever had with Samsung and i'm sad, i guess it HAD to happen sometime, but Sammy, you let me down : (

(that said, i will be FIRST in line for the s4 : )

BTC
    "I'm Gonna Die Surrounded By The Biggest Idiots In The Galaxy!"
    (Best Movie Quote !! ...Guardians Of The Galaxy 2014)

I waited until I received a text from my carrier to proceed with the jellybean upgrade which I did through Kies and mine is super slow. Most annoying when text messaging, everything is delayed and takes longer for the message to be sent. Very annoying

Yes. Absolutely desperate.
    Banned

Samsung is a fat cat for money, it's a sad but true fact. They want you to buy the new gs4, but the fact is many people who already have really good smartphones like the s3 won't. They want you to upgrade and spend the extra money, it's what keeps them rich. They slowed down jelly bean for that very reason, to make you upgrade. I'm running carbon rom which is basically a nexus experience with a lot of tweaks. It's so fast that when I went back to the stock jelly bean rom I was shocked, my amazing gs3 turned into a slow laggy monster. Now I know this is the i9300 section, so roms for your variant are going to be different than mine. But I highly recommend rooting and installing a custom rom on your galaxy s3. Let the guys who want to make your phone a wonderful experience do their job, they want to see you happy not spend another 300 bucks for an "upgrade". Samsung is just going to screw you over, like many phone manufactures try to do. If you want to see the galaxy s3's true capability, and not a dumbed down smartphone, I highly recommend a custom rom.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Some apps has a habit of caching large amounts of data when you go to home screen

- Google+ - can be disabled, this is a built-in app
    - Facebook
    - The Weather Channel

These guys cache stuff for the remote possibility that you would launch them next, and they will present content faster. This makes the home screen take 5 seconds or more to appear. You may also notice your phone getting hot as you enter a non-coverage area such as a garage, due to excessive retries on the radio.

- If you add the cpu overlay developer option, you can see what app is preventing you from getting things done and use your own cpu
    - Bandwidth consumed is another list of suspects
    - You can disable background data per app, but only for wireless, ie. not for wi-fi

Sfter software update my s3 turns ics4.0.4 to 4.1.2 but my ph become very slow....
    What is the solution of this problem
    Please reply me i. Am waiting for yours reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast