Visit site
A virus forced me to reset without backing up :(
But the phone is flying.
Id send it to sammy or the carrier tbh man :(

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

M_Asmal

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I am also having a problem with JB, extra slow when opening my contacts any suggestions . I'm way out in South Africa .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Chronozon

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Well my carrier is AT&T and AT&T just released Jelly Bean as of December 4th I believe and when I installed Jelly Bean through Kies (official upgrade) it increased the speed of my phone and everything runs way smoother than ICS. Checking the storage on your phone and the processes running in the background that may be the case.

Akash6837

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My phone too has become slow, especially while opening the long and contacts and some applications. I had not done my update via KIES. If i factory reset it and then update via KIES, will that help??

Viraj Dhamdhere

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I am a Samsung + Android Fanatic..Used my Galaxy S3 so smoothly on ICS..after updating to Jelly Bean..performance has slowed down which includes:
RAM memory used to be 125 to 140 MB free now it shows 75 to 100 MB free out of total :Source GO TASK MANAGER (with the same apps installed)
Texting/Opening Contacts/Opening Applications delayed by 2seconds sometimes 3 seconds too!

GOOGLE HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ASAP!
RELEASE AN UPDATE OR I NEED TO ROLLBACK TO ICS.is that possible?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's Google fault, I think it's Samsung's, HTC one x is a lot faster and has a vast improvement, the nexus' isn't slow so I think Samsung need to improve this. I found out something thou, I know benchmarks don't mean much but on 4.1.1 quadrant standard gets around 5000-5300 and I've seen a video of 4.1.2 and now it's gone up to around 5800-6000 so I think Samsung may have sorted out bugs and fixed performance.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Glad to find this thread as a new Android GS3 user, I wondered why I had the same issues as above. I can live with it knowing there should be a fix at some point with a Jelly Bean update.

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I personally prefer having more processor power.. However, the extra RAM is also needed... The I-9305T fixes that but its expensive..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
JB 4.1.2 at stock speed, stock firmware
uploadfromtaptalk1356903213976.jpg

Trust me, 4.1.2 is the REAL JB!

And to everyone worrying about ram. I forgot to clear it before testing
he2aqypa.jpg

The s3 LIKES to be worked. Thats the fastest stock speed ive had.
This is it at 1.7ghz still with 100mb free ram
y9agezuv.jpg

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the update but my s3 doesn't feel any different since the last jb update.

KILLEROMEO

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi people....well I got my S3 rather late that it came with the 4.1.1 already installed. Here I was trying to show my friends how cool the phone was....and to my and everyone's dismay, opening the messages, contacts and sometimes any app took ages....a long lasting black screen was something I never expected from a phone this powerful. I hope someone is actually reading this and gonna fix the bug soon!!

tom0100

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had EXACTLY the same issue-- I LOVE the phone though. Contacts and texting drove me nuts though! The only change I made is to get the "Contacts+" app from the Play store. It takes over texting, contacts and dialing, AND then does it much faster than the Samsung overlay. You can still go back to the Samsung interface and everything will be there. I was shocked how fast the 3rd party dialer was!

Contacts+ is the best one for free:)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
@ funkylogik - my phone gets slow which i open my contacts or phone log, how can i improve it...?? any idea?:-\

Do u have a lot of contacts mate?
Mine is very slow too but i just use Google Now to search a contact.
Maybn someone can suggest a realy light contacts/dialer app?
Maybe u have lots of duplicate contacts?
I do n its a PIA gettin rid of them lol.
I use Go Contacts which is really slow to load but very pretty. Think that has an option to merge duplicates.
I think its down to how many contacts you have though and how much info u have for each contact

GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Really? Having a lot of contacts makes the app load really slow? Surely not. If that is the case then there is something wrong. I find it hard to come to terms with a phone that cant do the basic things like a phone can do. Like load up contacts properly. I don't like the way Samsung makes your contacts duplicate when sync your accounts.

Bill_RSA

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I did exactly that. Factory reset and reload of my apps, data etc. Once i had MANUALLY reset all my email, VoIP and online accounts. Jelly Bean was still slower than ICS with the same apps..