Why does my clock not change time until I lock my screen?

Schmidlapp84

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, i'm a complete noob to Android and got my first Galaxy S3 yesterday. When I'm using the phone the clock displaying in the top right corner does not change time until I lock the phone and then unlock it. The phone still keeps time as I've tested it by setting alarms but the phone will easily show the same time from when I unlocked the phone. If its been 20 minutes since I've locked it then it'll be 20 minutes behind. Going to the home screen does not make it change and expanding the top bar settings still shows the "behind" time. Only way I can update it is to lock it and unlock it. Any tips?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
have you tried playing with the automatic time settings uploadfromtaptalk1352166794069.jpg
think id return the phone.. ive only ever had that problem with clock widgets before, not the system clock

maybe factory reset it since u havent spent too much time customising it etc...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I kept my screen on after reading to be sure I don't have this problem.

I'm on jb and the clock works fine. You might want to return it if a factory reset doesn't solve the problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums