Samsung Galaxy S3 won't start, stuck on samsung logo

Emilmoller94

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I have an samsung galaxy s3. I rooted it and everything went smooth, but when I tried with a font installer to install a new font my phone is stuck on the samsung logo when I starting it. I have tried most of the guides to do a factory reset and I tried in recovery mode to delete cashes and wipe all data, but without results. plz help me!

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy s3 wont start, stuck on samsung logo

I think that there was another thread about this, returning to stock was the only way to fix it

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Cant u get into safety mode and uninstall the app that started it mate?

Which font installer was it btw?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Skywatcher1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I have exactly the same issue, caused by the same app.
Did you manage to resolve the startup issue?

Skywatcher1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Could someone please assist.
My rooted Galaxy S3 phone (FW v4.1.2) is stuck at the startup screen after installing a font app from the app store
To resolve I have tried:
1. The recovery screen - doing a factory reset and reboot
2.. Reflash through ODIN.
I can get get the phone into download mode but ODIN will not recognize the phone in Download mode (Funny it does when phone is recognised at the stuck startup screen)
I have unistalled and reinstalled KIES and am using the stock USB cable

Does anyone have ideas?

Melinda Ettery

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Yes mine is the same....mine won't even turn on or respond...i can put it on charge then the charge signal comes on...but frozen in charge and like a loading sign on it....then I hold or three buttons down and the Samsung logo comes up...but that's as far as it goes....I'm on a contract through Vodafone and there going to send it away....or Samsung will fix the problem....but before I do that I need to try and get into it and save all my photos and videos before hand....that is my dilemma.....really want help doing this as I can't even get into back them up if there still there....not worried if I lose anything else just want the photos and videos.....I've been googling help anywhere and been to several shops to try and help....some charge a lot...just for nothing really.....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

If u know the app causin problems, go into safety mode (cant remember but i thnk its Power On while tap-tapping Menu but dont quote me.)
Once in safety, it says safety mode att bottom of screen n no apps are active so u can uninstall the dodgy app :)

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Jahmar Watkins

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

how can i get into saftey mode?? un like the others, my samsung gs3 wasnt rooted. i clicked an update that keep naging me, and once it was done and restarted my phone, it never made it past "samsung" logo. i tried holding space volume to hard reset it... but it only restarts it after the android thing pops up load, and resets it again with the same problem. Please Help?!;

Hassan K. Malik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Go into the recovery mode....
Wipe the Dalvic Cache (advance options)
Wipe cache partition
Wipe data

Then reflash your ROM

Sent from i9300 using Android Central.....

Michel Ichiy

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks man.

I was frozen on the Loading screen (samsung logo) and couldn't do anything else.

Tried cleaning up the cache with no results.

Then I had finally tried the factory reset settings and everything is fine now. Glad it wasn't the phone's motherboard that had the problem.

Thanks man,.

Hassan K. Malik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks man.

I was frozen on the Loading screen (samsung logo) and couldn't do anything else.

Tried cleaning up the cache with no results.

Then I had finally tried the factory reset settings and everything is fine now. Glad it wasn't the phone's motherboard that had the problem.

Thanks man,.

Sure!

Sent from i9300 using Android Central.....

delaleo

May 8, 2013
Visit site

i still can't get mine into factory reset mode, stuck with downlaod mode, and boot loop, what is there to be said about repartitioning

Bianca Holder

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

my phone wont even go pass the samsung so how do i go into safe mode an do all that fancy stuff because i really need my phone ASAP. :'(

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

hey guys..even i got the same problem..i did a software update and after installing the update the android logo pops and installs new updates..after that the samsung logo comes up and after that nothing happens..even if i do a hard reset will i lose my apps and app data? please do respond in a mess right now

bartyboy73

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I have this exact problem......not sure if I have downloaded something but when I switch my phone on it wont go past the screen where it says " Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300 " in white text on a black background.

It just sits on that and wont move on so I can not fiddle with the settings or anything. I did keep getting a message about Google Play store not working last night and it had been a bit slow for a few days.

Could someone please tell me how to get into the " Recovery Mode " or " Safety Mode " as I just cant seem to do anything with at the moment.

Cheers,

Simon.

Jaynek123

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

I've been having the same issue. I haven't done anything to the phone. I've dropped it maybe twice and it was from barley a foot. I've been real careful since i just had my last phone replaced. recently my phone has shut itself off but I was always able to get it to turn back on after but last night it shut itself off and I haven't been able to get it past the Samsung galaxy s3 logo. I've been looking online on and off today and I noticed some people have said it's the power button and if you take the battery out and bang the side of the phone with the power button on a hard surface it'll help but I haven't been able to bring myself to hit hard at all in fear of breaking it.

Jace Branham

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

have you tried holding the volume up+ home button+ the power (in that order) until after the vibration of it coming on? that should have brought you to a safe mode allowing you to chose between reboot, apply updates, and\ or a factory reset. if you were going to root your phone than you would change the volume button down. this runs the downloader mode on.

shrell46

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I did a factory rest on my galaxy s3 now it wont go pass the Samsung logo and the blue light stays on like its being charged. did anyone find out how to get this to go off

mxz3000

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok guys this is how to fix problems:
1. Factory reset through recovery mode (this will wipe all your data)
-Turn phone off
-press and hold volume up, home, and power buttons until samsung screen (where it says phone model)
-choose factory reset (this will wipe all data)
-phone should reboot fine

2. You can also use odin to reflash the rom. There are tons of tutorials on the internet.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513