Most weirdest problem ever encountered

Georgian Stanescu

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I would appreciate any help with the following problem I have encountered over the past few days.
I upgraded to Jelly Beans few weeks before the issue started.
It all started when I downloaded and installed the CallApp - Social App for Calling app from Play Store. It began to act up when I went to call Voicemail. The screen would go blank and I would tap and the screen would come back. That was ok. But the worse yet to come.
The device crashed several times. Tbh, With Jelly Beans upgraded to, I've had nothing but trouble with it. But that aside, I went to reboot the phone completely to see if I could get out of this mess, but now am left hanging with my Samsung Logo. I read somewhere on ur blogs I'm subscribed to, that I can uninstall a troublesome app, via Safe Mode. Can't get into dat. I tried Rooting, nothing.
My last task before I gave up was to get into Download Mode, that is done, but keeps saying Downloading, but nothing happens.

So am left with a dead phone, dat potentially will have to be sent back to the manufacturer. If dats da case, I will NOT be upradeing to Jelly Beans. I can have dat on my Nexus whenever he's made available in Ireland. I need my phone for using, not crashing. So if there's any help, I would most appreciate it.

Many thanks

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The problem may not have been Jellybean but the app is not ready for Jellybean.

Download mode is primarily for flashing so if it is not connected and ready to be flashed then it will do nothing. Are you stock or are you rooted with a custom recovery?

If you have a custom recovery, then go into it and try just clearing the cache and dalvik cache to get your phone booted. If that fails, go back to recovery to do a factory reset (WARNING: you will lose your apps and data, they can be reinstalled from the market)

That should fix it I believe...

Georgian Stanescu

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Can I assume by "stock" you mean, the way the phone came ie non-rooted. If that's the case, then my phone is stocked.

The problem may not have been Jellybean but the app is not ready for Jellybean.

Download mode is primarily for flashing so if it is not connected and ready to be flashed then it will do nothing. Are you stock or are you rooted with a custom recovery?

If you have a custom recovery, then go into it and try just clearing the cache and dalvik cache to get your phone booted. If that fails, go back to recovery to do a factory reset (WARNING: you will lose your apps and data, they can be reinstalled from the market)

That should fix it I believe...

- - - Updated - - -

I checked out ur link you provided, might I add a thanks for that.

I am currently gonna charge the phone to its fullest. (Just a trial. ) see what happens.

Can you definately not get into safe mode (tap menu button while booting) to get rid of that app?
If not then Pizza is right but use this method if possible through recovery
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...has-stopped-after-jelly-bean.html#post2363870

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer: