1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default battery life S3

I recently bought a Samsung galaxy s3 I came from an iPhone 4S and for some reason the battery life isn't great android system uses the same if not more power than the screen which I've checked against other users android system shouldn't use this much power. Usually get about 12-15 hours off the charger but this means being extra careful, having sync off power saving. I charge my phone over night and unplug at 7 am and the phone lasts till about 11 with screen brightness at its lowest. I listen to music a lot but would consider myself a moderate user. Its took 2 percent of battery to write this post? Is this normal?? Its driving me crazy.

Default Re: battery life S3

My S3 under normal operations works about the same as yours. However; today I had a major battery drain. You can read about it in a thread I started today .

Under normal use, the best advice I have is to run it in power-saving mode. You have to remember, many of the apps run in the background. I take every chance I can to clear my task manager and RAM.

I am not sure what is going on with mine at the moment. If it keeps draining like this though, I am going to take it back, since it is still under warranty.

Hope this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for replying it just seems to me that the phone can longer today I got 21 hours with 4 and a half hours of screen time and I wasn't being careful this time mines still under warranty but I may hold out and see what happens may do a reset and clear cache.

i use juice defender and that helps tons! i can go a day and a half now!
    j~lyn
    GO COWBOYS!!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've tried that but unfortunately it causes more problems, might sit on my phone all weekend and try and get a lot sorted with it I'm not brave enough to flash a Rom yet.

How much do you use your phone?

Default battery life S3

I may try Juice Defender and see if that helps with my battery drain; although I'm not too optimistic because I used it in the past on other android phones and it didn't seem to help

I get about 5 -7 hrs of screen on time but after the 7th hr my fone will have depleted significantly. If im being careful n only use my screen for 4-5hrs, i can make my battery last all day and then some by...

Using power saving mode when not heavily multitasking.
    + Screen brightness: turn auto off, keep at 30%
    Juice Defender running.
    + Keeping track of all my apps running in the background at all times. Never let some BS running in the back eat my battery away. Always in the task manager... + use a program like Elixir (awesome!) to keep me informed about everythingg going on in my phone at all times.

I dont go nutsss with widgets, but I do have a medium amount of well placed smart ones.
    Screw live wallpapers.

My battery reflects what I do. I never have to charge more than once every 24hrs, unless im playing ridiculously graphic intensive games like Dead Trigger, SixGuns, CS Portable, etc. Certain tasks will give your battery a lot of work to do. Bottomline is know your phone. I learned it inside n out and now am always the last one in the car to not have a dead phone. (Usually after allll day being out with gf n friends who mostly use android, their phones all die while im still coasting at 60%)

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Reports say it causes more drain than good I may give it another shot.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I usually use my phone for Twitter, kik messenger and music and texting. I unplugged at half 7 this morning and I'm already at 97 percent and I've only picked the phone up twice I usually get around just 5 hours of screen time with brightness all the way down always careful of apps. It seems android system is always the top for the amount of power used.