Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 battery problems, normal or not?

I think I have some battery problems with my s3. I dropped it a couple times, and also dropped it face down on concrete once, but didn't crack, I think it introduced some bugs though..

It seems like the battery dies 1% every 1~3 minutes (depending on what I do) when when screen is on, and I'm using it. This happened for a while now, and I think it might be because I dropped it a lot (around 6 times I think, mostly on carpet in at home, 1 was on solid floor, 1 was the face down on concrete drop)

Telus Canadian Galaxy S3 - Jelly bean 4.1.1 Non-Rooted

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Galaxy S3 battery problems, normal or not?

For us to help mate, u gota charge it full, let it run half way down then take screenshots of the battery stats (1st page and the page when you touch the graph)

Also if you could install Gsam app, once youre charged, tap the "+" sign to reset the statts and give us stats from that as well (1st page and "app suckers" page) :thumbup:

P.s, i doubt it was the drops

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Oh, didn't knew that. (I'm kinda new here)

I did a factory reset recently, so Android system and Google Play is pretty high. Should I do this later or now?

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

That last Google+ update I got on Friday has screwed it for me - it seems to be rinsing the battery. I've had to uninstall the update and seems to have done the trick.

Hi guys.

I don't think my battery is doing that great.

I charged it fully at 7:30pm. With medium usage my battery was dead by 1pm the next day.

I've attached screenshots.

What do you guys think? I have brightness on less than 50%. Wifi on for most of the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S3 battery problems, normal or not?-screenshot_2012-12-16-12-58-31.png   Galaxy S3 battery problems, normal or not?-screenshot_2012-12-16-13-04-20.png   Galaxy S3 battery problems, normal or not?-screenshot_2012-12-16-13-04-09.png  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I kinda missed the 50%, and it's on 49%. Is that ok? I can do it again if you guys want. (other people: please make your own thread...)

I think it increased a lot after I factory reset it, and deleted a bunch of games I barely play/don't play.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

bump~~~~~~~~~?
    (Yea, I think it still has battery problems. Battery dies 1% per 2 min on camera?..)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I factory reset it and now its pretty good

4h screen on time

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

ME TOO!!!!!!! mines pretty smashed :/ im pretty clumsy lol but now its so retarted! and it wont charge sometimes eg.... left it on charge all night last night and i woke up with it on 23% battery

Hi everyone, pretty sure my phone has crapped itself... got it in july and i've dropped it so many times. The battery runs out so quick and it sometimes doesn't charge i have restored factory settings about 2 weeks ago... still hasn't helped!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S3 battery problems, normal or not?-screenshot_2013-01-07-15-42-44.png   Galaxy S3 battery problems, normal or not?-screenshot_2013-01-07-15-46-47.png   Galaxy S3 battery problems, normal or not?-screenshot_2013-01-07-15-50-03.png