- 3 Posts
Rooted Galaxy S3 OTA update fails with red exclamation mark
I have a Galaxy S3 I9300, currently running 4.0.4 ICS Android. I have rooted it using the CF-Root method. Also, I have gone ahead and uninstalled a few of the pre-installed apps that came with the phone. Now, I am being shown a stability patch when I check for OTA updates. When I download the update and install it, the installation fails at 26% with a dead android icon and a red exclamation mark. Also, I have tried doing this with both the stock recovery and CWM recovery, with the same result. What should I do to get the update to install correctly? Also, Kies is able to detect a Jelly Bean upgrade. Will that too fail or can I go ahead and download and install it?
Thanks in advance..
- 12-21-2012, 06:31 PM #2
- 3 Posts
Re: Rooted Galaxy S3 OTA update fails with red exclamation mark
Yes Kies definitely works and shows the upgrade to Jelly Bean too. I was wondering if the stated condition of the system might cause Kies to crash too during the update and damage the phone. Also, will the data on the phone be lost after the upgrade?
- 12-22-2012, 06:51 AM #4
- 12-23-2012, 03:45 AM #5
- By Rhys42 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 12-15-2012, 12:08 AM
- By topgun2910 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 10-13-2012, 08:25 AM
- By Defcon One in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM
- By gianthobbit in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 06-05-2010, 09:02 PM
- By ecaggiani in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 20Last Post: 06-05-2010, 11:21 AM