4.1.2 Jelly Bean on 3 network UK - Has release started?

KPGills

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S3 which was shipped to the UK from China via Play.com. It's a unbranded phone on Pay As you Go the the three network in the UK. It came pre-installed with Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

Does anyone know if the 4.1.2 update is being released to sim free unlocked handsets as yet? I understand that as it's a unbranded/unlocked handset it gets updates direct from Samsung and not via 3?

Also, it's unrelated, but does anyone know a good podcast app? I am moving all my music from iTunes to google play music, but still using itunes for podcasts.

Take care and have a very Merry Christmas,

Keith :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Podkast is ok or Google Listen.
Mate your phone will have a regional code CSC or something so itl think its in china and youl get updates when china does.
I dont know much about it but look into how to find out what your CSC is.
It can be changed but involves rooting id guess

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is unbranded version out and will i get the ota even though i flashed the o2 one lastnight?
Im unrooted now.... better check if i have stock recovery,..

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Dammit im back to stock recovery but software check says im up to date so im stuck with an o2 phone til i get time to hack it agen lol.
Hate o2. I use 3 p+g sim n am getn 15/16mb/s speeds now with 4.1.2 :)

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I got mine OTA via Voda UK this morning

How do u find it mate? Im blown away, feel like this is the real jellybean.
The performance improvements are wild :)

MERRY XMAS!!!X

princewmk07

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Guys I need help on this matter too... am on 3 with an S3 and the update seem to be available on other s3 but mine i've connected to Kies to update it and everytime it keeps stopping at 99% and will stay there....can anyone tell me what to do or if 3 has released the update for us yet or for that matter if any of you guys have s3 on 3 and got the jellybean 4.1.2 already.... come on guys help me out here ....:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay