- 1 Posts
Just been told by the awfully nice man at samsung that I have 2.3.4 on my galaxy and the latest version is now 4.0xx
Tried to upload the firmware through Kies and they kindly advise that ALL the data and settings will revert to factory when the download takes place.
1. What should I be backing up and should this be to the SD card?
2. What happens to the google apps settings I have for the phone? Do I lose all of those as well?
Answers on a battered epostcard if you wouldn't mind and thanks for the help.
- 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM #2
- 01-05-2013, 05:20 AM #3
Re: android upgrade
Galexy s3 has never had 2.3.4 mate.... is it some chinese rip off?
If so, flashing it with s3 firmware will kill it....
U got screenshot of bottom of "about device" in settings man?
Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
- 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM #4
- 01-11-2013, 02:30 AM #5
- By alvin_vicente in forum IntroductionsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-27-2012, 11:19 AM
- By VincentB1980 in forum HTC DesireReplies: 5Last Post: 03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
- By twalkbox in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 4Last Post: 01-08-2012, 08:24 AM
- By LotusLord in forum AT&TReplies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2011, 05:47 PM
- By alex5252 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-21-2009, 10:24 PM