Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

Clear your Cache manually through Settings, Applications Manager, All;
    Go down the list and stop at the programs you use most frequently. Clear the cache of any you come across.
    The phone locks just as a PC locks when it is looking for a spot to allocate information. When the easy spots are full it takes more time to find a spot for that file, and when it is so full it continues to search, the result is lockup. Eventually it may find a spot and resume but as more cache file are generated the worse it becomes.

Operating System needs a better Cache Cleaning Utillity, with auto dump.

plz tell us for any progress ?

Default Re: Figured out the fix!

Thanks, this worked for me... I just disabled Samsung Apps (didn't use it anyway) and the phone is back to normal.
    Thanked by:
    Anders Pettersson likes this.

got a solution but you wont like it, uninstall facebook app and you problem will be sorted
    Thanked by:
    Anders Pettersson likes this.

I've had the same problem. You should try removing SD card if you have one installed, if that doesn't help do a factory reset and complete reset of cache and dalvic. If that doesn't help, sorry to say, but you have to take it to the service. I've got mine back like 3 days ago from service and technician said that it's motherboard's failure and if you don't have any spare S3 motherboard, there's no luck trying fixing it on your own. If you're still on warranty UNROOT (if you have rooted before), use triangle away (if you want to completely erase all the root signs) and take it to the service. Trust me, if all the solutions won't help, you don't have much of a choice. I've got my motherboard replaced, replaced Integrated Flash and Linear Vibration too, now it's working perfectly. So if you're under warranty, run to the service, if not.. well it'll be cheaper to get yourself a new phone (Nexus 4 for example.)

Good luck!

P.S. search thorough this thread: Galaxy S3 keeps freezing. help! There're alot of tips how you can try helping yourself out.
    Last edited by Hopeless One; 09-02-2013 at 07:47 AM.

EVERYONE!
    My S3 was about to be put out of service by myself indefinitely. I mean. 10 hard resets in less than 5 minutes. Freezing before I even log in or enter the chip's password...
    But I tried out Dummy File Generator
    My Phone is now back to full speed. No freezes. No reboots.

1- Download app.
    2- Run, and press Generate(FULL).
    3- You'll phone will probably freeze part way of the process. No matter. Hard reset and do step 2 again.
    4- Repeat step 3 as many times as necesary. You will see that the file generation will be quicker each time, and freezes will occur much later in the process (if any).
    5- Delete the dummy file (s).
    6- Restart phone.
    7- Do step 2 once more just to be safe.
    8- Restart phone.
    9- Enjoy your NEW phone.
    10- Write an angry letter to SAMSUNG and insinuate it was all a ploy (including the lack of an upgrade to 4.2.2 OS which was promised for September) to force you to buy an S4 and thus better the lousy sales that model had this year!

I don't know if installing d latest firmware helps since I updated my s3 yesterday with the latest firmware amd since then my phone is freezin constantly. ..I have restarted my phone like almost 100 times today alone!!! If someone knows y dis is happening pls pls pls help!!!!

It's basically motherboard's or memory chip's failure. Try dummy file generator, for some people it works. If it doesn't try the tips I've mentioned before. If all that doesn't work, take it to the service.

Good luck

Posted from rooted SGS3 running CM 10.2 using Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by stanoislav View Post
    My freezing has disappeared. Just trying a small clue - for the folks with freezing phones - does it happen with the same frequency when you disable WIFI?
    It doesn't happen when the wifi is disabled.

Do you really mean a hard reset? or just a reboot. Surely after a hard reset, all you apps would have been deleted and you would need to redownload the Dummy File Generator and reinstall it every time

I have or should say used to have the same problem, the display froze up as soon as I taped a link or sometimes when the phone did something on its own.

My firmware: I9300XXELL4
    Android version: 4.3.1
    CyanogenMode: 10.2 Nightly build 20131113

Since I uninstalled "Samsung Apps" and stoped "facebook service" (forced shutdown), my phone havent froze once. No need to reboot or anything unless charging. Its just Amazing.
    The phone have not behaved like this even when it was new some years ago.
    I will test run facebook again and let you know how it turns out.

Well facebook run for 2 min, then the phone froze... Facebook is out
    Last edited by Anders Pettersson; 11-15-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Adding comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Pettersson View Post
    Well facebook run for 2 min, then the phone froze... Facebook is out
    Have you looked at the ratings for the Facebook app in the Google Play Store? It's 3.7 - I won't install anything with a rating less than 4.0 on my phone for this very reason. What a POS. And people wonder why their phones are having problems...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by viperose View Post
    I've been suffering freezing issues on my S3 for the past 2 months and have tried all the solutions posted on this forum. Some things made the freezing less recurrent but it still froze 5 - 20 times a day (depending on how much I was using it).

5 days ago I went ahead and installed the EMC2 firmware and can confirm that it has completely gotten rid of any freezing issues and the phone has never been better!
    Anyone dealing with any type of freezing issues should install this firmware asap!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011