Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

Guys make sure that u people have modem/baseband XXELLA....

Sent from my GT-I9300 (Hassan Khalid Malik) using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Same problems as mentioned in this thread; baseband version I9300DXELK1

I also think it's a WiFi Problem!. May be a driver or something?

i have noticed mine is freezing again still no as much as previous times , still having to reboot phone each time it does.

As waiting for it to fix takes too long or never does unfreeze

So you did nothing?!
    I did a factory reset earlier today and its froze 4 times in around 6 hours, apposed to 30 times!
    I really don't fancy waiting 2 weeks for it to be warranty, when theres a fix

I have the same problem, i wipe all data and install may roms "custom and stock" , but the same problem.
    Any idea?

me too

since update to 4.1.1 started screen freeze ....
    and exhausted.... feel very disappointed to samsung

I want to ask is jelly bean own problem ?? or samsung fireware problem ??
    Is Samsung know that ?????

feel disappointed to samsung

coz i am using samsung smarttv , also have problem with the share all function . also no solution from official.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

As oddly as it began the freezing issue has now disappeared for more than 24 hours now (knock on wood).

I did absolutely nothing to the phone.

The other night it froze but I didnt turn it off just let it be and plugged it in to charge. And voila the next day it was performing as if nothing happened.

To those thinking of sending it back Id recommend waiting a bit and seeing if it sorts itself out.

I think I agree with you. Mine has been ok for the past four days. I'm still not happy about the situation but at least it's not giving me problems.

I don't want to send my phone anywhere because whever I did it, it always came back worse.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

So they couldn't replicate the issue. I had a feeling that might happen.

Does this kinda thing look familiar to anyone?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxTH...BwQUE3VGs/edit

mine seems to come and go.
    the video you posted kind of seems what happens like it freezes and stuff is still running in the background it seems.

Mine is still freezing, it doesn't seem to be as frequent, once a day for the last two days as opposed to 3 times a day before that, but there is no pattern to it. Im going to see how it goes the next few days, and if it doesnt stop, im going to give it to Samsung for them to fix it, as that seems to be what they are advising people to do.

I install WanamLite V5.6 and install siyah kernel with it, with full wipe, it's now 24 hours without any freeze...
    WanamLite MA2 V5.6 Android 4.1.2 Aroma Installer & Smooth & Rock Stable
    [KERNEL][18JAN][JB][DualBoot] SiyahKernel S3 v1.8.9 - xda-developers

so basically there is no fix for this problem as of yet?

it randomly fixed it self for a few users...

can i assume that in couple of days it will sort it self for me? or shall i try to do something??

untill now i realized that with wifi off it happens less often.
    also if i wait the freezing time about 20-30 minutes it turns its self back on.

this began for me 2 days ago.

I know this may sound far-fetched, but are any of you using a gel-type protective cover on your phone? My phone was playing up in the way described by many of you, and scrapping the rubbery cover I had bought for it back in April fixed the problem immediately.

Don't ask me how this works. I can only guess that the cover had shrunk and started applying pressure to the phone, the screen or the buttons. Who knows?

UPDATE: Disregard the above. After 2 days, the phone is freezing again. So the problem is not the cover. Although if it's down to a broken connection or similar, fitting a tight cover may set it off I suppose.
    Last edited by fredsie; 02-02-2013 at 04:34 AM.

I have the same problem. Usually the phone would freeze after I initiated some action for an app. The screen would freeze on the app, and the hard buttons would be unresponsive. The notification bar would be active still, so i could pull it down, but once I let it go after pulling it down, it wouldn't go back up. I could push the power button and the screen would go black, but when I pushed it again, it would display exactly the same screen. I was on Wicked rom at the time, thought it might be a rom issue, but it wasn't that bad so I just let it continue. After a week or so it started to get really bad. One day it stared freezing almost every hour, so I decided to flash back to stock. After going back to stock and doing a full wipe, including a format of the sd card, it seemed to do fine, but trying to install a zip via cwm recovery, it froze again. Unexpected to see it happening in recovery, as I assumed it was a software issue. Phone was fine for two days without freezing while it was running. On the third day, today, it froze again in the exact same way. So that's where I'm at now. Thinking I'll get it replaced.

Well as an update, I got so fed up with the freezing issue, that I took it to my local Samsung service centre. As soon as I told them what the issue was, they said theyd had quite a few people in with the same issue. They wiped my phone and re-flashed (? sorry not very techy, this is what they said!) the software, and its been fine for the last 3 days, so freezing, no lagging and no reboots.

I have been having a similar problem as you all.

Mine freezes, but unlike the video above everything freezes. It's like someone has put a sticker over the screen; even the notifications bar gets icons stuck halfway down.

I have tried to factory reset it and it came back almost instantly, then I did the switch off, volume up button, home button and power button to reset it that way and clear some cache... So far, about half an hour, and it's going good. Probably not for long.

Mine was unlocked by code, no root or anything like that. Originally on Three UK, but now used on giffgaff (O2-UK).

Anyone know if Three will accept a repair if it isn't being used on their network?

Have exactly the same problem. It all started about a week or so ago when I installed ARHD 20.0. Since then I tried ARHD 21.0 which is based on I9300XXEMA2, but I had the same freezes. I don't think is anything to do with WiFi, because I was visiting BETT show in London on Thursday and I had probably the worst day with more than 30 freezes and I had not been connected to any WiFi. Friday I flashed stock ROM I9300XXELLA UK unbranded and reseted my flash counter with triangleaway (see xda forums if interested) so I can send it to Samsung for repairs. I had freezes after flashing stock, just not as many. But without doing anything else to the phone it all stopped and since Friday afternoon I had no more freezes (40 hours so far). I will have to cancel the service request now...

maschenazi
    For how long did you have the freezing issue?
    Before it became better?

Mine stopped on its own after 3 days of continuous freezing. So far it's been behacing for over a week and I haven't done anything to it because I was too scared to mess with the phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

It all started about 10 days ago. It was bad for 2 days. I suspected it had something to do with the microSD card, so I removed it and the phone behaved ok-ish for 2 days then it started to freeze again for another couple of days. I tried all sorts, like different kernels, different roms factory resets, etc. Never had more than 2 dsys quiet

Still doing it only a couple of times a day

Look here guys. xda-developers - View Single Post - Galaxy S 3 keeps freezing every 5 mins (50+ freezes a day)
    After doing this I'm already 4 days without any freezes.
    Thanked by:

What if I don't want to root my device..!

Anyways i was having the same issue since i updated it to 4.1.2. I tried things like formatting/factory reset etc but like everyone else it didn't worked out well.. Earlier the issue was for 5-6 times a day but one night it was freezing every time i switch it on within 5 mins interval.
    So i decided to take it to Samsung Service center.. They tried to change the software version and I had some different baseband version which according to them is latest. I got the mobile next day but that also didn't solved the issue.

I called them up again explaining the scenario and they said if its not the software issue then they have to replace the motherboard.. Now today i have again given them the mobile and they will replace the motherboard,...

I don't know if its good or bad but i was personally afraid to keep a phone(motherboard) which is freezing like this. :/

Lets see what happens next...!

Thanks,
    Pranav
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast