Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 263
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    I just posted a thread on how I sorted mine out.
    Check it out!
  2. #52  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    best advice I read on here was -
    when it freezes, leave it alone, it will come back after 15-30 mins. NOT forcing it to reboot and letting it take its time to unfreeze itself seems to be helping to fix it. Given that there hasn't been any worthwhile testing of whether this is a valid fix or not, it'd be great to hear more feedback on whether others have found this helps or not. the amount of freezing is rapidly reducing for me since I've stopped forcing it to reboot when it freezes. on the odd occasion it never unfroze itself even after more than 30 mins, but the vast majority of the time it would eventually unfreeze. I THINK this is key - to leave it do it's thing. please, like i say, feed back!
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    It shouldn't be freezing in the first place, especially when it's on stock firmware (or in safe mode, which mine has crashed in before).

    My phone went to Phones4U's repair centre, where they couldn't replicate the fault, then to Samsung's repair centre, where they couldn't replicate the fault. So they flashed it all and bunged it back to me. Took exactly two weeks.

    I got it back yesterday, turned it on and started going through the first boot screens. It crashed before it got to the home screen. I reset it, it did the same thing. Here's a new video about an hour after I got the phone back, you'll see it had crashed while I was trying to post on here just before the beginning of the recording. And yes, I know I'm being impatient in the video but I'm rather annoyed with this whole thing. How could they not replicate the error when I couldn't even make it to the homescreen when I first turned it on?



    I've been told to send it back again and Phones4U after speaking to head office. They'll look for the fault again, fix it if it's there and send it me back. If it still has the problem after that they'll replace the phone. They're also refunding me for this month seems as it's probably likely I won't have the phone for another two weeks.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Thanks for the info. Fills me with dread as I've just come out of Phones4U where my phone is going back for repair for freezing and rebooting which started last week. I laboured the point about this being intermittent, whether that will be taken into account is anyones guess. Can't say I have much confidence. I agree that it shouldn't be happening and this problem for me at least simply came out of the blue last week after using the phone with no issues since I bought it in May 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Breakwhore View Post
    It shouldn't be freezing in the first place, especially when it's on stock firmware (or in safe mode, which mine has crashed in before).

    My phone went to Phones4U's repair centre, where they couldn't replicate the fault, then to Samsung's repair centre, where they couldn't replicate the fault. So they flashed it all and bunged it back to me. Took exactly two weeks.

    I got it back yesterday, turned it on and started going through the first boot screens. It crashed before it got to the home screen. I reset it, it did the same thing. Here's a new video about an hour after I got the phone back, you'll see it had crashed while I was trying to post on here just before the beginning of the recording. And yes, I know I'm being impatient in the video but I'm rather annoyed with this whole thing. How could they not replicate the error when I couldn't even make it to the homescreen when I first turned it on?



    I've been told to send it back again and Phones4U after speaking to head office. They'll look for the fault again, fix it if it's there and send it me back. If it still has the problem after that they'll replace the phone. They're also refunding me for this month seems as it's probably likely I won't have the phone for another two weeks.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Quote Originally Posted by rovoc View Post
    best advice I read on here was -
    when it freezes, leave it alone, it will come back after 15-30 mins. NOT forcing it to reboot and letting it take its time to unfreeze itself seems to be helping to fix it. Given that there hasn't been any worthwhile testing of whether this is a valid fix or not, it'd be great to hear more feedback on whether others have found this helps or not. the amount of freezing is rapidly reducing for me since I've stopped forcing it to reboot when it freezes. on the odd occasion it never unfroze itself even after more than 30 mins, but the vast majority of the time it would eventually unfreeze. I THINK this is key - to leave it do it's thing. please, like i say, feed back!
    I tried this, but it just went into a cycle to freezing, then rebooting itself every half hour. Even when I turned my phone off, it turned itself back on!
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Hi All,

    I have been experiencing the same problem for the last 4 days now. Phone is around 5/6 months old. It started for me post the 4.1.2 upgrade, but I had noticed the phone had been slowing down somewhat post the previous 4.1.1 upgrade but only started freezing etc since doing an OTA upgrade on sunday to 4.1.2. The phone has never been rooted and has only been updated when an updated has been pushed out. Always over OTA as I never seem to be able to connect to Kies (another issue which I won't go into!!)

    I've been reading all the posts on here and thus far have not bothered downgrading or factory resetting etc as it doesn't seem to have worked for those who have tried it. So far the things the advise that has helped out somewhat was to make some space on the internal memory. I deleted a load of apps that I don't use and that has seemed to give me periods where I can use the phone for 4/5 hours. Though I still get periods where it freezes permanantley and I have to reboot constantly. I also agree with the view that the problem gets worse when you turn on wi-fi.

    Also my battery seems to be draining at a crazy level, 12% in 20 mins this morning.

    I have seen that people have had their phone flashed, done factory resets etc. But nothing seems to work, the only thing that we have not seen as yet is whether a new phone resolves the issue. Can anyone comment on that at all? I fear that a replacement handset will not solve the issue either and that we have to wait for an update to come out of samsung, which could take forever.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    That's what I think as well. Although mine stopped freezing for the last two weeks now without me doing anything I went to Vidafone last week and was talking to a technician there. He told me I'll have to wait for the next update. The thing is since now my phone is behaving would I really want to install a new update knowing thus might carry sone new bugs?

    This is my second Samsung phone and I must say I'm really disappointed. However they all have issues whether it's one thing or the other and we're just guinea pigs.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    When mine comes back from the service centre, Im ditching it, give it CEX or sell it on Ebay. This is the second S3 Ive had problems with. The first one I returned after a week, as it was doing pretty much the same thing straight out of the box. Its not good enough for a 400 handset. It has really put me off Samsung phones now.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Im currently having that same issue. It started by not responding while it was locked, the screen stayed off and had to pull out battey in order for it to respond. Did a factory reset and it worked fine for approx 5 days, now it stopped doing that and instead it just freezes forcing me to power it off and back on, it does that 5 or 6 times a day.. I have also noticed that the issue increases when WIFI is on. When I'm connected in any network it will freeze quite constantly, but when WIFI is off the freezing stops.. Any suggestions?....
  10. #60  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    My phone was fine until the 4.1.1 upgrade. I have not done the 4.1.2 as it has not come through to me via AT&T and my samsung update. I also agree that it has something to do with the wifi. I turned off my wifi while i was in my car on bluetooth and noticed my phone stopped freezing. I have had it off wifi for over 24 hours now with no freezing. Before that it was freezing several times within 1 hour.
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    I realized the phone does not freeze even once while on flight mode. (For a long period of time)

    I was thinking could it be maybe the sim cards fault?

    If not would installing a complete new software help?
  12. #62  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    I have to add an update to my earlier post....and it might be speaking too soon. But I have not had one crash since yesterday morning, that includes using wi-fi from 5pm through till 9am this morning. Bizarrely ever since I posted on here my phone has behaved itself. I haven't made any further tweeks to it either.

    Maybe people are right and that the problem resolves itself by itself after a period of time (think I had been suffering from the problem for 5 days)......I am very sceptical of this given that I do have some knowledge of tech and that it's always caused by something.

    Will no doubt be back to post here very soon regarding future crashes...
  13. #63  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Same keeps happening to my S3. It just started this week. Keeps freezing whenever I try to do anything with it after a few minutes. I've tried everything I could think of. It's not rooted or anything and has the lastest firmware update. Treid factory reset and it even froze during that. So annoying I'm gonna send it back to Samsung and get them to fix it
  14. #64  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    I have the same problem as everyone posted earlier.
    I can't seem to find out why this is happening either. The phone is 7 months old and for me It started after updating to 4.1.2 before Christmas. I updated it again last week as a new update came out - but still no improvement. My phone tend to freeze in the evenings, and i pull the battery probably 6-7 times a day. I have noticed that if I delete recent photos and media to free up the storage I get a graze period of a couple of days. I think this is purely coincidental as I don't see why it should matter. But it works for me so until it's fixed i guess that is my remedy. Great if anyone else could try to see if that helps on their phones.

    If anyone knows how to solve this - please post it on this forum.

    It's a shame, because I really think it's an awesome phone ... and it's embarrassing as i've been slagging off iphones for months now.. ;-)
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Mine has started doing it again once or twice a day.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
  16. #66  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Send it to Samsung, its the only way to get it resolved. Messing around with facory resets, deleting stuff, and software flashing doesnt work.
    Thanked by:
  17. #67  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Agree with Betty_Boop245 - mine started 2 weeks ago with the exact same problems after 7months. Tried factory reset, wifi settings, etc... problems just come back! Mine went for repair last week

    Quote Originally Posted by betty_boop245 View Post
    Send it to Samsung, its the only way to get it resolved. Messing around with facory resets, deleting stuff, and software flashing doesnt work.
    Thanked by:
  18. #68  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    I had the same freezing problem and tried everything on threads no joy so kept trying untill i found one about s voice disabled it via app manager and still froze disabled my sim code lock and s suggest and phone hasent frozen for 34hrs!!! Dunno if this is the fixbut its working for me
  19. #69  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    My s3 has been crashing for days now.

    In another obscure thread I found someone having problems similar, anyway they said the fix was as follows:

    Settings > DEVELOPER Settings > Turn off Transition and Animation Scale.

    Previous to doing this my phone was crashing randomly, sometimes as soon as it was booting, holding power was the only way to fix. This happened after 4.1.2 upgrade

    I posted this in another thread and It has been 2 days since the last crash happened.

    Hope this solves your problems

    Mr B
    Thanked by:
  20. #70  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Quote Originally Posted by boyleyc View Post
    My s3 has been crashing for days now.

    In another obscure thread I found someone having problems similar, anyway they said the fix was as follows:

    Settings > DEVELOPER Settings > Turn off Transition and Animation Scale.

    Previous to doing this my phone was crashing randomly, sometimes as soon as it was booting, holding power was the only way to fix. This happened after 4.1.2 upgrade

    I posted this in another thread and It has been 2 days since the last crash happened.

    Hope this solves your problems

    Mr B
    I have absolutely no idea what that setting does but since switching it off like you suggested, my whole OS just sped up tenfold. Hopefully it also fixes the crashes.
    Thanked by 2:
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    You know these arw just coincidences. I went to check mine and it was off and it was always off. I never messed around with the developer section and still when it feels like my phone goes off so please keep us updated as to whether this is a long term solution.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
  22. #72  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Doesn't work, phone has frozen twice since.
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    turning the animation off doesn't fix the problem of it freezing, just makes the phone run a bit quicker.
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    I don't know wether to be happy or sad. This freezing issue started yesterday for me. I have had the phone 6 months. Always on stock,never rooted and always updated on Kies.

    Happy because I'm not the only one with the problem although maybe I should say relieved rather than happy, and sad because I have the problem at all.

    Two things I have noticed that may not have been mentioned. On checking battery usage both Android OS and Android System have larger percentages than usual and secondly the phone ALWAYS freezes either on charge or immediately after charging.

    Hope someone can help. I love my S3 but this is not good.
  25. #75  

    Default Re: Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

    Yes that happened to me too. I also noticed if I try to use the battery to the last drop and then I try charging it, it freezes so now as soon as I get the message 'connect to charger' I plug it in. For the past 4 days it was behaving.


    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 07:43 PM
  2. Just upgraded to Gnex and my 4g drops every few minutes
    By Bleezy in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 12:31 PM
  3. Resale value of the Galaxy S3 in a few months???
    By rebelguy in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 05:08 PM
  4. Resale value of the galaxy s3 in a few months?
    By rebelguy in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 06:41 PM
  5. Locks up every few minutes
    By aprresley in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions

B