Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

Vasko Bozinovski

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Figured out the fix!

Guys I believe I have found the fix!

I started getting this annoying error last night and the phone would keep on freezing every few minutes then I'd have to force reset it by battery pull. Quite frankly I've been using android since the Dell Streak but I'm getting sick of these stability issues... Prior to that had an iPhone 4.

I too had a recent upgrade from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 on my SGS3 i9300 as I lived along with the fear of the Sudden Death Syndrome...

On 4.1.2 I thought great... No SDS the phone should now work brilliantly...

I read through this forum post and a few others and did experience the quicker lockups when on WIFI... Basically me symptoms....

What fixed it for me?

1. go to the applications manager under settings
2. Uninstall all updates to that annoyingly stupid "Samsung Apps" app and revert the app to factory install.

Bingo.

Problem gone.

I reinstalled the Samsung Apps update after opening the app and it didn't crash yet but felt lagging somewhat so I removed the updates again.

What made me think it was this causing the problem is because from all the forum posts I've read people are suggesting its the ROM not specific apps users install. But hey... The Samsung App app is preloaded.

Let me know how you all go after trying my fix.

I suspect there must've been an error with one of the Samsung app updates along the way..

Sent on my iPad2

Hassan K. Malik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Everyone having problems with their phones freezing, my suggestion is to remove their External SD cards and then try running their phones...
Galaxy S3 has the knack of messing up the External SD cards....

Sent from i9300 using Android Central.....

Lukus Lockus

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am still having the same issues.
Here is what i tried so far:
- Disable the Animations in the debug settings
- Limit Background Processes to 2 (debug settings)
- Uninstall Facebook App
- Remove SD Card
- Set Samsung Apps back to factory status

Didnt help. Are there any other suggestions i can try?

Lukus Lockus

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So basically I have to void my warrenty in order to use my phone again, since for me the I9300XXEMB1 rom is not available over the air or kies...

damn you samsung. I trusted you.

Hassan K. Malik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Try cleaning the dalvik cache and wipe cache partition other than removing or replacing your Ext SD card... Hopefully u should be OK...

Sent from i9300 using Android Central.....

tricia.dawn.williams

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone from experience try nothing. This is a software problem. Wait a bit for the update that I received on my mobile last week and install that. It will sort everything. My phone is even faster now too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Lukus Lockus

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone from experience try nothing. This is a software problem. Wait a bit for the update that I received on my mobile last week and install that. It will sort everything. My phone is even faster now too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Are you kidding me? So my options are: Void my warrenty, send in my phone or dont use my phone untill eventually there wil be a (possible) update... call me old fashioned but that doenst sound like how a valued customer should be treated...

@Hassan: Tried cleaning all my caches. Still no change. Thank you for your continued efford tho.

MG Dan

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Done the update to I9300XXEMB1 Rom and all day long without freezing. Seems to be the solution.

Been watching for a while now and finally signed up NOW THE BAD NEWS!!!

I had no problems until recently, as per others, then I updated to I9300XXEMB1 and now my phone is a nightmare.

Every day having to restart, force close or battery out.

Almost wondering if its a longevity issue with the phones!!!!!!!!!

Really very unhappy. Love the phone, left apple as many did but this could put me back to the darkside

Lukus Lockus

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Just for the record:

My phone mysteriously started working normally again yesterday night. No issues for at least 16 hours. I didnt change anything. That is really really wierd... well I am happy for now...

Mrlovkim

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear you guys have these issues. mine is the international version and have had no issues and seems this is the only place I have heard of this problem. I don't root or do the custom roms with mine, like it the way it is.

Hope your problems get resolved.

MG Dan

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
As suggested -

Un installed all the samsung app store rubbish and my phone is alive again!!!

I will update if i go down "insta death" again

It won't let me uninstall the samsung apps? Do you have to root it to do that?

Any help gratefully received. Had to remove battery twice today and force close with the power button once. No apparant reason!

Thanks

ITS OK I've done it will let you know if it makes mine stable again! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol