Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

Anders Pettersson

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I have or should say used to have the same problem, the display froze up as soon as I taped a link or sometimes when the phone did something on it?s own.

My firmware: I9300XXELL4
Android version: 4.3.1
CyanogenMode: 10.2 Nightly build 20131113

Since I uninstalled "Samsung Apps" and stoped "facebook service" (forced shutdown), my phone haven?t froze once. No need to reboot or anything unless charging. It?s just Amazing.
The phone have not behaved like this even when it was new some years ago.
I will test run facebook again and let you know how it turns out.

Well facebook run for 2 min, then the phone froze... Facebook is out :mad:

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well facebook run for 2 min, then the phone froze... Facebook is out
Have you looked at the ratings for the Facebook app in the Google Play Store? It's 3.7 - I won't install anything with a rating less than 4.0 on my phone for this very reason. What a POS. And people wonder why their phones are having problems...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

MickTheBullDaly

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been suffering freezing issues on my S3 for the past 2 months and have tried all the solutions posted on this forum. Some things made the freezing less recurrent but it still froze 5 - 20 times a day (depending on how much I was using it).

5 days ago I went ahead and installed the EMC2 firmware and can confirm that it has completely gotten rid of any freezing issues and the phone has never been better!
Anyone dealing with any type of freezing issues should install this firmware asap!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
how I can download the dummy file app if I cannot even get in to the apps as the phone is frozen!
Have you tried booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242

You could also perform a Factory Reset and then don't load any updates or apps but just install the Dummy File Generator: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=jp.nomunomu.dummy&token=mInifBP0

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

danielson83

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I got solution for mine! Mine was freezing every second and I couldn't use it at all! Before formatting the drive I decided to try different battery and it worked!!!! If your phone is freezing especially while using an internet and screen shows strange colours and battery goes down from 50% to 1% within 2 minutes, try to change the battery! You dont need to buy one, just borrow from a friend for 30 minutes to see if it's definitely the battery! Hope this will help!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your help, but in my case it happens to be a battery fault :)

danielson83

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007