Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AndroidS3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help updating S3 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Hi
    I'm kind of new to this android thing (i used to have a Iphone) and after buying my S3 i had a dificult time rooting it and putting a rom on it, but now i dont know how to do it.
    I want to update the firmware of the cel with the new update and change the rom, but i dont know how to do it, do i have to set it back to stock and then try and update? or can i do it as it is?

Im on firmware 4.0.4, Rom Criskelo and i changed the kernel for chainfire.

Greetings and thanks

PD: If you have any recomendation regarding Rom or kernel it will be appreciated.
    PD2: srry for the english, not native language

Default Re: Help updating S3 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2

I have just recently learned how to root but I havent got a custom rom so I dont know about that. But to put a stock firmware on you click PDA in odin and click the firmware you have downloaded (make sure its the right model number) and let odin do the rest.
    funkylogik likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

But i dont know if having a ustom rom will get me any problems while updating.
    Another thing I dont know if the region or carrier matters while getting the firmware.

Greetings and thanks

Download one that was your original carrier before, and do you mean like OTA updating? If you just apply the firmware in odin then once its done do a factory reset/wipe data and then it'll factory stock
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The problem is that from my carrier its up to 4.1.1 not 4.1.2, and I still dont know if the rom will affect the installation or if i will have problems after the update

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidS3 View Post
    I have just recently learned how to root but I havent got a custom rom so I dont know about that. But to put a stock firmware on you click PDA in odin and click the firmware you have downloaded (make sure its the right model number) and let odin do the rest.
    do this using odin. itl remove root and custom recovery but thats easily done again.
    do a titanium or mybackup and a CWM nandroid just incase but if u find the right official firmware for your model/carrier, check PDA and put the firmware there, you should be fine bro, ive done same thing 2ce

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

SCRAP THAT.... youre on a custom rom..... ask someone smarter if you have to do a CWM wipe 1st.....

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK