- 2 Posts
Google Play Music - Newbie Questions
I'm fairly new with the S3, Google Play and Android in general. I purchased an album via the Play store and am using Google Play Music to play it. I have downloaded it to my device using the 'Keep on Device' option but am not able to find the files in the phone in the sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music folder.
Does this mean that my files are not stored locally and therefore, whenever I listen to them it is considered streaming and will result in my data allowance being used up?
Thanks in advance,
- 01-13-2013, 05:30 AM #2
- 03-05-2013, 04:57 PM #4
- 1 Posts
Re: Google Play Music - Newbie Questions
You don't need to download any external app to download your music to your computer. From your computer log into your google account (gmail); click on google play (top black banner); click on My music; Select the music you'd like to download (or select all) and click Download. That's it.
Google Play is a cloud service, everything you purchase is stored in a google server (you'll never lose it) You can upload up to 20,000 songs. Music purchased through Play is not counted in this limit. In other words, there's plenty of room for music and it's free.
- By curtisk228 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-16-2012, 02:07 PM
- By groversdad in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 0Last Post: 07-21-2012, 04:38 PM
- By CDEFG... in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-27-2012, 04:23 PM
- By Dukins in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 1Last Post: 06-22-2012, 08:52 AM
- By fox79 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2012, 09:14 PM