This is a real Tester - Clock Widgets not Updating

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
have no idea which forum is most appropriate for this but I have tried a number of different posts without success so this is a last ditch effort to find a solution really before abandoning AllianceROM to move to another ROM to see if I have the same problem but that is a lot of tedious messing around when the solution may be simple so here goes.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (i.e. the International UK version) usually running Go Launcher Ex and Beautiful Widgets clock.

The phone is rooted and I am running AllianceROM I9300 JB XXELLA v1.

I DO NOT USE A TASK KILLER.

The following started after changing from Cyanogenmod 9 to AllianceROM but I am not sure if this was pure coincidence or if the fault lies with AllianceROM or some setting I have chosen. When flashing I did a Data Wipe and a Factory Restore

The short version of the problem is that any clock widgets will not update BUT the system clock, the clocks on the lock screen and in the notification bar AND the clock on the Go Weather widget all do update normally. My Beautiful Widgets clock and my World Clock widget no longer update and both freeze on the same time.

Any other clock widget will update if I rotate the phone so that the screen orientation changes and then all the clocks update. They will never update again unless I rotate the screen again.

Things I have tried to solve the problem:

1 In SETTINGS /DATE AND TIME - I have run both ways i.e. WITH "Automatic" selected and with it not selected.

2 I have tried running Go Launcher Ex, Nova Launcher and Touchwiz and the problem persists EXCEPT as I said above if I use the Go Weather widget with Go Launcher Ex the clock on that widget does update normally.

3 In Go Launcher Ex I have gone to PREFERENCES / ADVANCED SETTINGS and run both with "System Persistent" selected and NOT selected.

There are other people in various forums having the same problem so it is not just me but I'm at my wits end trying to figure out the solution because my favourites are Go Launcher Ex AND the Beautiful Widgets clock which I display on my Home Screen and I'd rather carry on using them like I have done for a couple of years now on Darky's ROM and CyanogenMOD 7, 9 and 10.

Ex nihil

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Similar problem, system clock is always right, ALL widget clocks do not update. After extensive research spread over a year and a half now I have come to the conclusion that the only remedy is a factory reset, which I am not going to do. So, goodbye widget clocks. Many people with this problem, Samsung needs to fix something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12