Choosing a default app to be used doesn't stick

WebMaximus

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

For some reason when I choose an app to be used by default by choosing the app and then clicking 'Always' I get the message telling me how to reset this by going to Settings-Applications Manager-All and then click the app and scroll down to 'Launch by default' but my choices never stick but instead it says 'No defaults set'. For instance when clicking a link to a forum that supports Tapatalk I choose to open the link used the Tapatalk app and then click the 'Always' button but still when clicking the link next time I will again get the same question what app I want to use to open the link.

I recently rooted my GS3, could that have caused this or does anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it? It's very annoying when you have to pick the app you want to use every time.

Thanks in advance!

Demodocus

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
While I know it's not the exact same phone, I am using a T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and I experience the same exact problem. I am not rooted or anything, and it applies to pretty much every situation, including the launcher! Every time I restart my phone, it asks me what launcher I want to use, even though I have Action Launcher Pro set as my default. I would love to hear if there is a fix for this.

WebMaximus

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having the same problem but good to know I'm not alone and to have a confirmation this issue also exists on mobiles that have not been modified in any way.

Hope someone will be able to help us solve this because there must be many others having the same problem and I want to think someone has already found the cure.

WebMaximus

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Might be my imagination but I do think I've seen less of this issue after unrooting my S3 and going back to original Samsung stock ROM.

chase2hoop

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem on my Verizon GS3. Most apps stay as default, but Action Launcher pro does not stay as default when the phone is restarted. Maybe try contacting the developer? Maybe it is just a problem with Samsung's skin of Android?

Demodocus

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think this is a Samsung problem...other people I know who use ALP not on Samsung don't have this issue. I fixed it by rooting my phone and using titanium backup to freeze the TouchWiz launcher and not having any other launchers installed. Of course since I moved on to Cm 10.1 I haven't had any issues with default app selections not sticking :) Still, if this is ultimately a Samsung bug, it needs to be addressed - we shouldn't have to root and install custom ROMs to fix minor issues like these.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678