Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 freezes every hour or so.

MrSonicB00m

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem. I flashed the newest version to the phone and the problem went away.
I also found Facebook and Spotify became CPU hogs causing the phone to crash.

Laila Bayakly

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I was able to solve our problem

I have galaxy S3 and I take care of it I don't download any application and I own it for 9 months now, I don't use an SD card and for some reason it started to become VERRRY slow and sluggish. I didn't react to it as I thought may be my phone is just passing thru a phase :)
Suddenly it started to freeze and it worsened and worsened, until I decided to:
back up my data (which took almost 4 restarts)
delete almost 5Gb of memory
remove live wallpaper
remove photo widgets
remove unneeded apps (ex: games, tubemate, flashlight...)
restarted my phone...

and now it's cured

I believe it's a memory problem because now it's back to normal THANK GOD!!!

hope this helps....

Cristian Oancea

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Yo guys :) I had the same problem.. my S3 kept freezing and to get everything back to normal I had to pull out the battery and start it up again.

Here's what I did and it worked: i searched for 'Dummy file generator' on the Play store, installed it and then opened it. After you open the application, just press on 'Generate(FULL)'. That thing will generate a lot of files that will make your phone run out of memory. If it doesn't make it run out of memory, then repeat the prices... press Generate(FULL) again. If the phone freezes during the process, just restart it. After your phone ran out of memory, start the 'Dummy file generator' and press 'Delete'. That thing will delete all the files it created and your memory goes back to normal. That worked for my phone and everything is ok now. Actually it freezed one or two times in 2 days, but not like it did before :)

I hope this will help some of you guys :)

Phantomlynx

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Talked to Vodafone (no real help, take it to a shop and they'll help you work out what app is the problem...don't think so!). Talked to Samsung repairer, they will just send it to Samsung. Talked directly to Samsung, very helpful, and told them it probably needs new motherboard. They will ship it to their agents and do what is necessary. Downside is I lose the phone for 2 wks.

Will report back once I find out what the results are.

I promised to get back to you guys. I sent it off to Samsung for repair with full details of the issue. They sent it to Anovo, but between them they seem to have screwed up most of the info I sent. I wasn't impressed! After 2 weeks and many calls, Anovo said they couldn't find the fault.

However they has applied the latest firmware i9300BUEMC2 and this does seem to have cured it...

Fingers crossed!

mstraynor

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I am had the same problem with my S3 freezing and turning itself off.
I found that if I turned off all LED notifications in the Display settings my S3 was back to normal, okay you lose visual flashing notification but you still have sound and notification in the display panel.
Until Samsung supply a fix I can live with this set up.

longleo91

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Dear Guy ,

I found my solution

1 - Back to 4.1.1
2 - Install normal with your infomation
Important : Do not Accept Update notification so you wont update to 4.1.2

Untill now with me everything is fine . Hope you guy succed

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
So I got my Samsung GS3 7 months ago, and it was working fine, had it rooted, flashed Omega Rom. I decided to update my phone to an updated version of Omega which was using 4.1.2 and it was working fine until the beginning of 2013, my phone started to have random freezing problems which would go away after holding down the power button, but now it's gotten worse and it's freezing after every hour or so. I updated to the XXELLA kernel, thinking it would fix the problem but it worked for a couple of days or so, then the freezing happened again. Anyone else facing the same problem?

That is surely the most common issue that anyone would face with his Samsung Galaxy S3, here is a blog post that I have read and it is all about solving Samsung Galaxy S3 hanging problems. It will surely help you to understand the main cause of the problem and it might also help you to resolve it on your own :). Check it out, I hope it works for you too! :)
How to resolve Samsung Galaxy S3 hanging problem? | A place to find best mobile phone repairing tips

Abhilash Pillai

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue and my phone was freezing for every 15-20 minutes.
What I did to recover from this issue is configure the wifi tethering.

I am on baseband I9300DDEMG2

I have not experienced the freezing for over a month now.:)

Avishhh

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue and my phone was freezing for every 15-20 minutes.
What I did to recover from this issue is configure the wifi tethering.

I am on baseband I9300DDEMG2

I have not experienced the freezing for over a month now.:)

Hi Abhilash Pillai,
Can you please describe what you do exactly with the wi-fi tethering ?
I've try to look for a way to change the wi-fi configuration, but didn't find what to change! http://cdn-forums.androidcentral.com/images/smilies/undecided.png
Thanks in advanced,
Avish.

Abhilash Pillai

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Abhilash Pillai,
Can you please describe what you do exactly with the wi-fi tethering ?
I've try to look for a way to change the wi-fi configuration, but didn't find what to change! http://cdn-forums.androidcentral.com/images/smilies/undecided.png
Thanks in advanced,
Avish.

Thanks Avish
I changed the name of the WiFi to a continuous 8 character word without space or special characters.
Security to WPA2PSK.

As I read somewhere it is a WiFi bug.
Did the same when got a freezing issue on my friends s4.

Posted via Android Central Pro

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem and its driving me insane. I have tried various Kernels and uninstalled most of my apps to no avail.

I recommended you to wipe out your SD card (if inserted), Go with clearing Cache and if it still persists go with Factory reset after taking backup of your phone, this might solve your problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670