Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    Ok so i was really excited about going from my iPhone 4 to the S3 4G model.
    Looked so good on paper and had heard good things about it.
    However since i have got it about 3 months ago, im now at the point where i just want to throw it at a wall and go out and by an iphone 5.
    I can deal with the short battery life due to 4G draining the battery.
    However, it is constantly freezing and restarting, and also lags like a at certain times. I type a sentence of text and look up and the phone is half way through the sentence still catching up -_- I will admit the restarts are a lot faster than an iPhone which i like, but in comparison the iPhone would only freeze maybe once every 6 months at the most so it was never a problem, as opposed to every day..
    But recently what annoys me the most of all, over the past two weeks, i will be messaging people and then my message wont send. I go back out of the message to the list of all my messages, and it says i have no messages. So it pretty much deletes all my messages and i cant send a new one. I need to restart the phone to get them all back. Definatly not what i wanted in a phone.
    I have heard of others who have had the problem too.
    Anyone here having the problem, or had the problem and have a fix for me so that i dont have to throw it at a wall and go and get an iphone 5.
    Thanks
  2. #2  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    562 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Picker View Post
    Ok so i was really excited about going from my iPhone 4 to the S3 4G model.
    Looked so good on paper and had heard good things about it.
    However since i have got it about 3 months ago, im now at the point where i just want to throw it at a wall and go out and by an iphone 5.
    I can deal with the short battery life due to 4G draining the battery.
    However, it is constantly freezing and restarting, and also lags like a at certain times. I type a sentence of text and look up and the phone is half way through the sentence still catching up -_- I will admit the restarts are a lot faster than an iPhone which i like, but in comparison the iPhone would only freeze maybe once every 6 months at the most so it was never a problem, as opposed to every day..
    But recently what annoys me the most of all, over the past two weeks, i will be messaging people and then my message wont send. I go back out of the message to the list of all my messages, and it says i have no messages. So it pretty much deletes all my messages and i cant send a new one. I need to restart the phone to get them all back. Definatly not what i wanted in a phone.
    I have heard of others who have had the problem too.
    Anyone here having the problem, or had the problem and have a fix for me so that i dont have to throw it at a wall and go and get an iphone 5.
    Thanks
    Maybe you got a lemon. That is not very common from what I have read and personal experience.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    Maybe you got a lemon. That is not very common from what I have read and personal experience.
    Hmm wouldnt be surprised. Someone mentioned there was an option in message settings that automatically deletes messages when the trail goes past a certain number. However that wouldnt account for deleting every single message in my phone. And if it was this option then they wouldnt come back when i restart the phone.
    I turned the option off anywyas just to rule it out. Sure enough it kept happening later that night..and the next day....and the next -_-
  4. #4  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    562 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Picker View Post
    Hmm wouldnt be surprised. Someone mentioned there was an option in message settings that automatically deletes messages when the trail goes past a certain number. However that wouldnt account for deleting every single message in my phone. And if it was this option then they wouldnt come back when i restart the phone.
    I turned the option off anywyas just to rule it out. Sure enough it kept happening later that night..and the next day....and the next -_-
    I have NEVER had my S3 freeze on me, not once. And even with all my battery saving options on, it doesn't lag when typing. You either have a lemon, or you have jam packed it so full with apps or something on the internal memory or an app you have installed is causing all your issues. What do you have installed app wise?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Picker View Post
    Hmm wouldnt be surprised. Someone mentioned there was an option in message settings that automatically deletes messages when the trail goes past a certain number. However that wouldnt account for deleting every single message in my phone. And if it was this option then they wouldnt come back when i restart the phone.
    I turned the option off anywyas just to rule it out. Sure enough it kept happening later that night..and the next day....and the next -_-
    Sounds too me like you need to see Mr.Factory Wipe/Reset.



    Sent from my S3 rocking CM10.1 4.2.1 Jellybean
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    Not a lot at all since i have gotten it.
    Just the standard things that came on it, facebook, skype, twitter, shazam, instagram, and the only game i have is temple run.
    I always close them and every day i do a ram clear too.
    It has the telstra software that came with it too. Other than that thats about it i think
    Is there any way to delete S Voice? Someone was mentioning that was crashing their phone here and there.
    So could be something to try i guess. It just frustrates me more than anything and i never use it.
  7. #7  

    Question Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    is it possible that my s3 ( i9300 ) used 4g network??if yes what will i do to make it 4g?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    I'm having the same issue. it's been about a week now. all of a sudden when i check my messages it says "NO messages'. AND I CAN'T ACCESS MY MESSAGES UNLESS I RESTART MY PHONE! really frustrating!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    I have had every single one of these problems as well! On a daily basis!! It is driving me insane. This is the second phone I have had, because the first one had problems as well. I am also with Telstra, and I emailed the store I got it from, and all they said is I would need to go through the same process again as the first time. Which means they send it off for 2 weeks, all they do is a factory reset, and send it back!! I love the phone, but I am over the problems!!!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G issues

    I was having the issue too... I basically went to the Samsung store at Westfield Stratford here in London (their flagship store) and the guy there replaced the kernel and my battery issues have gone away..

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Galaxy S3 - Bluetooth issue & Question
    By MaxPrimal in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 06:49 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy s3 battery issues
    By philip111 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 02:07 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy S3/iMessage issue
    By dxf in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 11:20 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy S3 battery issue.
    By beachprance in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
  5. Samsung Galaxy S3 4G problems
    By DEMF_crazy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

B