Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My SGS3 randomly stopped working

Hello,
    I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 (6 months old and not rooted). This afternoon, I attended a call and spoke for about 2 minutes. The battery was at 89%. When I checked my phone again after 10 minutes or so, the home button did not respond. Neither did the power button. I tried restarting it but it never went past the welcome screen. I got the same result when I took the battery out and put it back in. My phone is in pretty decent condition though I might have dropped it a couple of times. My phone is still under warranty and the people at the service center said that my motherboard needs replacement.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Do I need to worry about this problem even after I replace my motherboard? If so, should I consider getting a new phone?
    Thank you,
    VIshnu.

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Default Re: My SGS3 randomly stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by VishnuRaghuram View Post
    Hello,
    I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 (6 months old and not rooted). This afternoon, I attended a call and spoke for about 2 minutes. The battery was at 89%. When I checked my phone again after 10 minutes or so, the home button did not respond. Neither did the power button. I tried restarting it but it never went past the welcome screen. I got the same result when I took the battery out and put it back in. My phone is in pretty decent condition though I might have dropped it a couple of times. My phone is still under warranty and the people at the service center said that my motherboard needs replacement.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Do I need to worry about this problem even after I replace my motherboard? If so, should I consider getting a new phone?
    Thank you,
    VIshnu.
    I have been reading that the S3 I9300 specifically has been having a lot of Hardware issues. Be thankful your phone is under warranty. The mobo is not cheap.
    I am glad I have the SGH-I747M, no issues what so ever. Just last to get updates ;(
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

Default Re: My SGS3 randomly stopped working

I have the same problem, i wipe all data and install may roms "custom and stock" , but the same problem.
    Any idea?