blocking specific mobile network access

scotty6kids78

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

This is a strange post however I assure you that there is method in my madness. My network provider is Virgin Mobile UK who are a virtual network that use the EE network to provide the service, the downside is that EE is the newly created network after Orange & T-Mobile merged their network. This sounds great however the Orange network is terrible at the minute and the data side of the service is pretty much unusable. The way around it has been to manually select the T-mobile network however the service seems to switch back to Orange presumable because Orange is the stronger voice network available.

My question is - is there anyway of blocking out the specific network code that Orange broadband effectively stopping the handset picking up Orange and forcing it to stick with T-mobile.

I have spoken to Virgin about this and they say that there is no official way of turning off the national roaming facility and there are no permanent changes that you can make to the handset as is it........so I am turning to the developer / hacking community.

Anyone want to offer some guidance?

Cheers

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I see your dilema mate.
It MUST be possible but seems a bit advanced for this forum (sorry forum)
Id try XDA forums man :(

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe something to do with the APN settings.......

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer: