Can i update my rooted phone?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah mate.
Best way is to find the correct firmware on Sammobile site (look in "firmware" page and enter your model/carrier) and just flash it with odin.
Itl remove root so youll have to reroot after :)

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Hassan K. Malik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Certainly u can... Just flash any custom ROM of your choice using CWM... Its that simple...

Sent from my GT-I9300 (Hassan Khalid Malik) using Android Central Forums

ZOLLINO

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I apologize for not fully understanding,

I have international i9300 (europe) with no particular carrier (unlocked for all) with JB 4.1.2. I have rooted S3 through flashing it with odin with CF-Root-v6.4 (noticed it installed SuperSU+CWM).

1. However, would someone be so kind to give me step by step guide how to update the phone with new version of Android when it will be released?
2. Another question, after JB release and update to my phone over Kies I have noticed much bigger battery drain than on IceCream Sandwich and possibly I'm thinking about switching back to ICS. Would this be somehow possible, if so, would you be so kind to give me exact step by step guide?

I will be checking back on this thread regularly, thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC