How I fixed my i9300 S3 that was freezing every 15 minutes...[WORKED FOR ME]

Nikhil Srinidhi

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

So, I spent many hours of forums looking for a way to solve this issue.
My S3 would just freeze randomly and I would have to reset it. It happened most when I had WIFI/Mobile Data enabled.

After carrying out the steps below, my S3 has not frozen since I carried the steps out (2 days) and is functioning faster than it used to. It's literally lightening speed right now.

1) Disabled WIFI Power Saving mode (WPS MODE)

2) Connected the S3 to my computer and cleared up space.
- I had so many photos and videos that it was using more than 90% of the space my S3 had.
- I noticed and deleted a 1.2 Gb size photo which was nothing but a corrupt file. No idea what it was or how it got there.
- I emptied this media folder by copying it out into my computer

3) All of a sudden it was fast, furious and has never hung since !:cool:

Let me know if this worked for you

Pranav Nigam

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
People (including me) have even formatted their phones even then it didn't solved the problem. So its definitely not the space :/.

And regarding wps option i remember even when i was facing frequent wifi disconnects in the beginning i used to change this and it started working until i restart. So don't know what all functionality has this hidden function in our phones has got :)..

Anyways i have given my phone for motherboard replacement, will get it tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
pranav

betty_boop245

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope, tried everything. It will be OK for a while, then it will start freezing again, mine did that numerous times. The only way to get it fixed for good, is to send it back to Samsung, where mine is at the moment

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc