- 3 Posts
GS3 kinda laggy after OTA 4.1.2 update...
I got my Galaxy last december. Up 'til then I was very satisfied with its performance. Sometime late january this year, I received a prompt to update to JB 4.1.2 over the air and did it. Since then, the phone's kind of laggy, i.e. when I select contacts, it takes all of two seconds to load. Also, when I try to run certain apps, it takes 2, 3 or sometimes more seconds to respond. I know this can't be right.
I've been reading that the thing to do, is to do a hard reset, then update the OS via Kies.
After I do the hard reset, will it revert back to ICS? Is it possible to re-install JB 4.1.2 after the hard reset or am I missing a step?
Any and all advice will be very much apreciated indeed.
Thanks in advance.
- 03-14-2013, 01:22 AM #2
Re: GS3 kinda laggy after OTA 4.1.2 update...
No the hard reset will not revert it back to ICS. It will just clear out all your cache/apps/data on the device. So make sure you do a backup of anything important (pictures, etc) just in case. Also confirm before hand that you contacts, calendar or anything else that normally " sync's " to your Google account or other services is up to date before doing the factory reset.
Basically do the hard reset and it should return you to that snappy device you remember and give you a fresh start again with a clean device.
- 03-21-2013, 04:01 PM #4
- By gphesq in forum Sprint PhotonReplies: 14Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:33 AM
- By rabaker07 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 12Last Post: 09-08-2010, 08:37 PM
- By UTnick in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 06-05-2010, 08:00 PM
- By topher#ac in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 5Last Post: 05-17-2010, 04:39 PM
- By iPayton785 in forum HTC Droid Eris Rooting, ROMs, and HackingReplies: 0Last Post: 03-27-2010, 10:30 AM