Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 goes into drive mode randomly, spamming S Voice

Hi there,
    I recently rebooted my S3, never having rooted it, but ever since the reboot I've had the phone interrupt whatever I'm doing and it decides to open S Voice.
    When it does this I see the driving mode symbol on the status bar appear and disappear franticly.

Was wondering if someone else had a similar problem/had a solution for this?
    Thanks
    Thanked by:

Default Re: S3 goes into drive mode randomly, spamming S Voice

Try disabling S-Voice in App Manager and see if u still have the problem...

Sent from i9300 using Android Central.....

I had the same problem during and straight after charging the phone. Disabling S Voice in the app manager seems to have stopped it from occurring.

EDIT: Apparently this did not fix the problem as it still randomly enters driving mode and quits all applications. When I disabled S Voice it only prevented that program from starting. Anyone got any ideas?
    Last edited by Isak Hietala; 05-06-2013 at 03:40 AM.
    Thanked by:

I am facing the same problem. s3 keeps going into driving mode randomly for no reason.

Anyone found a solution yet?

Thanks,
    VN

Unhappy Re: S3 goes into drive mode randomly, spamming S Voice

I have a similar problem here with my SG3. Never dropped it, rooted or anything. But every once in a while, It will randomly, and furiously go in and out of S-voice. It will also flash the "driving mode" icon in the status bar. And lastly, it will sometimes go to the "clock screen" in a similar way. I don't have to be doing anything. Sometimes it will be sitting on my desk, sometimes when I am using the phone. Doesn't seem to have any pattern. I have restarted, removed the battery and finally wiped the phone with a factory reset. All these did not stop the problem. I'm not sure what's causing it, but the phone is only 6 months old, so I'm pretty dissapointed. I really enjoyed using it up until now. Now I'm worried it will spazz out when I might really need it. Hopefully the problem goes away. I just disabled S-Voice, but like other people said, that doesn't seem to stop the problem. I assume it's out of warranty, otherwise I might take it to Verizon and try and get a new one. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

I am starting to think this is a software issue i am having the exact same issue and constantly i have restored factory settings and its still driving me bonkers!! Infact its done it about 20 times just typing this message!!!

I started having this exact same issue yesterday, and it's been doing it randomly since.

It's really annoying, and woke me up during the night too (I turned it off after that, just in case)

Have no idea why it's happening, as my handset is barely 4 months old, and has been well looked after.

Hope samsung figure out what the issue is and roll the fix into an update soon!
    Thanked by:

I have the same issue. Has this been resolved yet? did you find a solution?

There is no real solution it's hardware error of the usb charging port. It thinks it gets plugged into car kit. The only thing you can try as a solution is trying to clean this usb port with compressed air for example.
    Thanked by 2:
    m1lan1t0 likes this.

It is a contact between two pins on the USB port. Humidity or debris. I solved cleaning it *very* smoothly with a toothpick and "contact cleaner" spray. I cut the toothpick with a knife to make it thinner and softer, then sprayed the toothpick tip with contact cleaner and used it to rub the contacts of the microUSB port. Remove battery before! Repeat a few times. Do not spray contact cleaner directly on the phone. You may spray it on the toothpick, a toothbrush (and brush gently), the charger plug (and insert it a few times). Now my phone works, no more random car mode and s voice.

I am having the exact issue on my S2. With tears in my eyes I did a factory reboot. Still no fix. Took to a repair center and they told me it was a software issue. He said in the past the fixed 95% with a software install. He infact said he would put S3 software in phone. I left the phone for 45 minute and came back and he said it worked. I was happy with the s3 as it has some nice features that s2 don't. Spent the day setting up the phone stock without adw launcher. All was good until 8:45 that night. Phone started going into voice talk on its on. In fact I was not even touching the phone. I noticed when it was doing this it also turned speakerphone on and off while making calls. After all my troubles I again called Tech support. He saw I had over 100 logs in my file. Not sure why so many, but he is sending new phone. He thinks it is a virus. Last night I ended up taking the battery out as she kept asking "What would you like to do"? I replaced battery this morning and only charged the phone for over an hour. All day today phone was fine until after lunch. Then I noticed battery drain of 40% in a matter of 30 minutes. WTF. I just cleaned the terminal with a contact cleaner and a brush. Will this work? A rebuilt phone will be here tomorrow and I really like S3.

I hope that is the fix. I forgot to mention this issue causes a severe battery drain.

Unhappy Re: S3 goes into drive mode randomly, spamming S Voice

I have started having the same problem. Disabling SVoice didn't have any effect on the issue. It seems it is indeed a hardware problem. Some debris probably got locked in the charging port pins. Incidentally, my S III 's charging performance is also going down drastically. While it came up to 100% from 1% in about 1 hour flat earlier, now it is charging only 30% in about 2 - 2.5 hours. I cannot make any calls as SVoice keept frantically popping in and out, and also keeps turning the speaker phone on and off while on call. It also sometimes goes to the clock/calendar screen abruptly.
    My phone is only 7 months old and I am almost on the verge of tears. Will the guarnatee cover this? I have tried to clean the pins as one of the posts advises, but only to temporary benefit. How can I clean the pins effectively? Please help!!

Yestersay I caught my ten month old giving my s3 a good chew and dribble.
    Shortly after it went into headphone mode without any headphones. This morning I could not charge
    And svoice along with driving mode kept opening and closing making nothing possible.
    I took the battery out left the phone and battery out the garden in the sun for a few hours
    Took a brand new toothbrush lightly cleaned inside the micro usb port and cleaned the headphone hole out with a
    Tightly rolled up tesco receipt. Seems to have done the trick.
    I think there must have always been dust or dirt in there but the dribble just set it all together.
    Anyway, problem solved.

Hi ya, my s3 is randomly going into drive mode - flickering icon in the notification bar, and it is also not charging alll the time - it's hit and miss if it will charge. I will try what you have done...cheers

I had the exact same problem as you guys.

I cleaned the contacts inside the charger port and now my phone charges straight away without fiddling with it and it has stopped going crazy.

There was a lot of dirt and fluff inside the charger USB port.

Hope this helps.

Hello. 1st time writer, long time reader.
    I had exactly this problem. Other than the annoyance, it was also a massive drain on my battery.
    Cleaned out the port with a pin - REMOVED BATTERY FIRST - and then hoover, now working as normal again.
    Thanks to all for the post, and also others I've taken use of.

Found some plastic plugs to go in the port on Amazon for pennies which may offer some protection from future pocket fluff
    Last edited by coom80; 09-01-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by francescomm View Post
    It is a contact between two pins on the USB port. Humidity or debris. I solved cleaning it *very* smoothly with a toothpick and "contact cleaner" spray. I cut the toothpick with a knife to make it thinner and softer, then sprayed the toothpick tip with contact cleaner and used it to rub the contacts of the microUSB port. Remove battery before! Repeat a few times. Do not spray contact cleaner directly on the phone. You may spray it on the toothpick, a toothbrush (and brush gently), the charger plug (and insert it a few times). Now my phone works, no more random car mode and s voice.
    Thanked by:

My phone after a clean with toothbrush and electrical contact cleaner now very rarely does this anymore. Thanks for the info. BTW the phone that was to be shipped never shipped. It was back ordered for three weeks. Would have been nice if Sprint told me that before I waited at home for it to show up.
    Now if I could only get that horrible contact cleaner off of my toothbrush
    I am due for an upgrade and thinking about S4. Will I like it before I sign up for another 2 years with sprint?

I found a fix to this problem!!
    To fix s voice problem
    Go to settings- application manager- all- find s voice and disable it
    Get rid of dock problem
    Go to settings- display - page buddy - uncheck dock page
    Get rid of driving mode
    Firstly go to settings- language and input- turn of driving mode. Turn off your phone, wait for 1 minute, then turn it back on. Keep doing this daily and there you go the problem should be solved

Posted via Android Central App

Just read through this thread, nobody mentioned the S4 does the same thing. So here I am, mentioning it, after she woke me up at 3:30 this morning. I will ask one of my geek children to clean the contacts for me because I don't think I should have to turn a feature off every day to solve Samsung's problem. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what I'll do next, I have a feeling replacing the phone won't help after reading all these posts. Otherwise, I LOVE my S4. Thanks, all!

Ive the same prob!!

i bought my galaxy 4S at AT&T just 14 days ago and I have the same issue. Thought I loved this phone but with this I'm thinking to change to an IPhone. As AT&T gave me a time to test this one. My phone can't be dirty with only 14 days! If thats the case really considering the change..

Hey...can you please instruct the cleaning process in a more detailed manner please and what all things will i require.

I've only had my S4 for one month now, and this is driving me nuts, TOO! Took my phone back to the AT&T store, and the guy had no clue. He did remove the battery and replace it. Didn't help any. He then told me to take it the main AT&T store to have it replaced. :-( Cleaning did no good.
    Last edited by Vicky Ad; 10-10-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: typo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast